Nintendo Japan has announced that it will publishing the latest Fossil Fighter game when it arrives in Japan sometime next year. The latest Fossil Fighters game is titled Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear. The character art for the game has changed to a slightly more mature look, which comes across more realistic and detailed than previous games in the series. Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear is listed, once again, as Nintendo/Red. Red being the developers who helped co-develop the impressive Fire Emblem Awakening.
- 3rd person camera rather than overhead
- The new Fossil Mobile vehicle will help you transport across the world, find fossils via scanning, and attack enemies.
- Different mobiles with different parts. Red and blue revealed so far, but more to come (in silhouette in the mag)
- Fossils are covered in dirt and dust (more realistic) thanks to new graphics. Head, hands feet can be found. Scan to figure out the overall shape.
- Whole fossil is displayed on the top screen, you select parts to clean on the lower screen.
- Otherwise, mechanics seem to be more or less unchanged at this point.
- Can choose to be boy/girl. Default boys name appears to be Jura. Partner dino is called Kajiro.
- From next month, there will be a manga in Corocoro each month by Keisui Takaeda.