Here’s this week’s best-selling games in Japan courtesy of Media Create. The Nintendo 3DS remains the best-selling platform shifting 38,445 units thanks to Yokai Watch 2 and Yoshi’s New Island. Wii U sales have increased marginally as the console sold 9,429 units. Here’s the best-selling software and hardware in Japan.
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke (Level-5, 07/10/14) – 180,880 (1,829,533)
- [3DS] Yoshi’s New Island (Nintendo, 07/24/14) – 58,285 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 18,129 (560,487)
- [PSV] Oreshika: Tainted Bloodblines (SCEJ, 07/17/14) – 17,690 (111,465)
- [PSV] Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss (5pb., 07/24/14) – 15,242 (New)
- [PSV] Corpse Party: Blood Drive (5pb., 07/24/14) – 13,688 (New)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 10,620 (1,218,698)
- [PS3] Under Nigh In-Birth Exe:Late (Arc System Works, 07/24/14) – 9,171 (New)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 9,080 (110,558)
- [PS3] Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (Gust, 07/17/14) – 7,432 (51,177)
- [3DS] Gundam Try Age SP (Bandai Namco, 07/17/14) – 7,110 (28,634)
- [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy (Nintendo, 06/19/14) – 5,768 (75,404)
- [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, 06/26/14) – 5,344 (267,771)
- [3DS] Pokemon X / Y (Pokemon, 10/12/13) – 5,089 (4,112,000)
- [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V Low Price Version (06/26/14) – 5,026 (28,685)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom, 09/14/13) – 4,591 (3,316,196)
- [PS3] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 3,684 (63,269)
- [PS4] FIFA 14 (EA, 02/22/14) – 3,587 (71,128)
- [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 3,346 (2,355,647)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 3,068 (3,764,042)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- 3DS XL – 31,789 (31,192)
- PlayStation Vita – 21,875 (27,352)
- Wii U – 9,429 (8,209)
- PlayStation 3 – 7,175 (7,389)
- 3DS – 6,656 (6,185)
- PlayStation 4 – 5,581 (6,456)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,767 (2,249)
- PSP – 489 (556)
- Xbox 360 – 122 (129)
PS4 is trailing behind the Dreamcast in Japan.
I sold my PS4 yesterday and bought a Dreamcast. It has better games.
And you made a good investment there! Due to the small number of functional dreamcast consoles out there I am pretty sure its price will go up considerably in the future.
Sony will announce bankruptcy soon … This also means XBone will have no chance in Japan!
Every console drops except for Nintendo’s and nothing is kicking Yokai Watch 2 off the charts, even new games? Wow least Nintendo is doing fantastic in Japan.
Mario Kart 8 beats Watch_Dogs for PS4 in Japan again for the 2nd time in a row. A shame it didn’t do the same in UK. Anyway, Watch_Dogs for Wii U better hurry up & come out before September. Otherwise, it might not sell very well on the console til… whenever there is a month with no big name game coming to the Wii U. If it even sells on the Wii U at all with how well it’s selling on the PS4.
According to Ubisoft, Watch_Dogs U will launch in November. Pity to see that delayed game getting stomped by Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Yep. It will be such a tragedy. lol
Even worse, Ubisoft will blame Wii U’s “poor sales” for the failure of the game not
-delaying this version only so anyone who owns any other console has already played it
-releasing in November (quite possibly Wii U’s busiest month.)
And I hope it does, I don’t want to see another gimped Ubisian game in our holy machines ever again until they are purified from corruption…
Its weird to see Yoshi’s New Island release in Japan so long after Europe and America. Glad to see the 3DS is doing good over there, it would be nice if Wii U had those figures as well.
That is exactly what I though, from memory didn’t yoshis new island come out in like november? I think I beat it 100% in december…
Yoshi’s New Island came out in March-April over here in the US.
Atleast a micro improvement this week…
Dayum those PS4 sales, everyone in Japan waiting for Xbones I guess.
So funny petrlc xD
It would be the end of the world if that came true…
wow the wii u is actually doing well compared to the ps4 :o
the vitas doing well to.
The Vita and the 3DS have been the most stable over the past year plus. Japan is a handheld market (where 3DS tends to dominate).
yeah it shows! i prefer handhelds tbh :)
Good to see the Wii U doing well. Tge console is pretty……underrated to say the least. I havent played it in quite a few months, but Im waiting for the GC adaptor so at least i have a good excuse
i almost feel pity for the PS4 … it was never that bad with the wii u
Its only trailing in Japan -_- its leading in almost every other market.
i know that
Everyone knows that, but its sad because Japan is Sony’s homeland.
You would think that the PS4 could make easy money there, but thats what happen when you instead cater to the narrow minded western markets.
^^This! This is why Sony will always be in Nintendo’s shadow over there in Japan.
I see the WiiU is still spankin’ the Ps4.
3DS XL – 31,789 (31,192)
PlayStation Vita – 21,875 (27,352)
Wii U – 9,429 (8,209)
PlayStation 3 – 7,175 (7,389)
3DS – 6,656 (6,185)
PlayStation 4 – 5,581 (6,456) LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOL
PlayStation Vita TV – 1,767 (2,249)
PSP – 489 (556)
Xbox 360 – 122 (129
Japan is the only area that makes sense in sales to me. PS4 has no games and is $400. Yet can’t understand why PS4 doesn’t need games in UK or USA to sell.
PS4 is TOTALLY DEAD IN JAPAN after only 3 months!!!