Nintendo of America has revealed exactly which games you’ll be able to get your hands on via the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS eShop. Leading the charge this week is the iconic Mario Kart for the Wii U Virtual Console and also Mega Man 5. Here’s the games for this week.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Super Mario Kart – Hit the road with your favorite characters in the first game of the iconic Mario Kartseries. Super Mario Kart first launched on the Super NES in Japan on Aug. 27, 1992, and is releasing now on the Virtual Console in celebration of the game’s upcoming 22nd anniversary. The classic game offers crazy tracks that will test your gears in two single-player modes and three multiplayer modes. Use power-ups and gain the advantage to finish in first place. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Mega Man 5 – Every Thursday in August, Nintendo and Capcom are bringing classic Mega Man games to the Virtual Console on the Wii U system. This week is NES classic Mega Man 5. In the fifth chapter of the original Mega Man series, the battle is closer to home as Mega Man fights to save the world from further destruction. Gain the advantage by picking up items and successfully defeating bosses to gain their weapons as your own. Get ready for 13 stages of intense action-platforming before fighting against Proto Man. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Cybernator – In the year 2065 AD, the nations of Earth have split into two major powers: the Axis and the Federation. In this awesome Super NES action game, complete mission objectives as the fight spans across Earth, the moon and the vast expanse of space. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Update for Steel Diver: Sub Wars – The latest update for Steel Diver: Sub Wars is here. Premium-version players get new local Friend Battle stages, new unlockable subs and crew, and new features that make it even easier to battle online with friends. The free version now allows players to purchase subs and use a single-play coin to battle online.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo3DS
- The Mysterious Murasame Castle – Remember Takamaru’s Ninja Castle in Nintendo Land for Wii U? That fun game is based on The Mysterious Murasame Castle. For the first time ever, the classic 1986 game is coming to North America. Play as young samurai apprentice Takamaru and infiltrate four castles before making your way to Murasame Castle. Use sword and shuriken attacks against swarms of enemies and unlock the secret behind the source of evil. Click here to view some game play.
- Double Dragon II – Aug. 14 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Life Force – Aug. 21 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
Nintendo eShop Sales
- UFO Interactive Games – Johnny Impossible, Samurai Sword Destiny, Zombie Slayer Diox and additional UFO Interactive games are on sale starting on Aug. 12 at 9 a.m. PT until Sept. 2 at 9 a.m. PT in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Bear Box Media – Internal Invasion is reduced from $4.99 to $1.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 8 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
Also new this week:
- Jett Tailfin (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- SHUT THE BOX (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Nothing for me. And oh hey I didn’t know this was the game where the Mario Kart 8 theme came from. It sounds beautiful on the new Mario Kart. :3 And I think that other song got a remix in SSBB. That is my jam! :D Mario Kart sure has changed a lot since then. :)
WHERE ARE THE N64 GAMES
Fuck that. Where are the GameCube games and more importantly, I wanna see Conker BFD come back but sadly, Conker died with old Rare too.
Conker was an over hype piece of shit that was only popular because prepubescent kids like you wanted to play a “mature” game at the time.
HOLY SHIT did you just insult Conker?! XD WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! :O You have to be kidding me… Name one game that’s better than Conker. I really want to see just how shit your taste in video games are. XD
I’m just waiting for game cube games so I can finally play sunshine
Cybernator looks fun…even if it’s another fucking old as hell platformer.
I’ll probably get that castle game as well, for nostalgias sake. (not the person that posts here)
I changed my mind… That NES game is just so damned old… :/
Your mom is just damn old. lol
why haven’t they brought back the timing stats.
Pr lap and so on.. really miss that!
no being funny but announcing 20 years games which can be found free via emulator and make an big deal out of it (it seems that way) is just crap no it’s really shit. I think Nintendo should focus their effort on making game for Wii U not the virtual console
Yeah, VC isn’t that great. Everyone has already played those games. Nintendo needs to get people to play their NEW games.
Uhm… The VC is handled by the treehouse team, Not real devolpers. There isn’t much resources put into it anyways.
I’ve bought my copy of Murasame Castle today and it provides the challenge that most modern Nintendo games are missing out on these days. Here’s to hoping that it makes some phenomenal sales here like how things have went for Sin & Punishment.
If you guys love the the older Legend of Zelda games or just want a decent challenge, then The Mysterious Murasame Castle is the perfect game for you. As someone who managed to beat this game three times, it’s just that fun of the game and everyone should enjoy it.
Wh, still nothing good yet.