We have been waiting forever for news about Rodea: The Sky Soldier and now we finally have some concrete information. The game was originally intended to come out on the Wii, but the developers have had a change of heart and are releasing it on the Wii U and also the Nintendo 3DS. Rodea: The Sky Soldier will be released this spring in Japan, but there’s no mention yet of a western release.
- The Japanese name has changed from Tenku-no-kishi Rodea (天空の機士ロデア) to Rodea The Sky Soldier (ロデア・ザ・スカイソルジャー). Meaning in English is the same, they’ve just gone with a katakana title.
- 3DS version is 5,800 yen (pre-tax), and Wii U is 7,200 yen (pre tax).
- First print of the Wii U version will apparently come with the bonus of the Wii version (but non of the blogs I’ve checked seem to know exactly what this means).
- Bosses are huge, many hundreds times the size of Rodea himself.
- The three characters are all pictured/mentioned.