More Star Fox Wii U details were divulged during the recent interview iJustine did with the legendary Shigeru Miyamoto. It’s been confirmed that the Wii U GamePad will feature a cockpit view while the television screen will display the traditional third person view. Mr Miyamoto also revealed that his favourite character in Star Fox is the one and only, Fox McCloud.
- Reconfirms that it will be out before Zelda.
- Miyamoto says that he is working on and playing the new Star Fox every day and jokes that his hands hurt as a result.
IMO this is this is pretty big news since this confirms that he (and Nintendo for that matter as opposed to an outside company) are working on it directly.
- Describes the basic gameplay: Cinematic (3rd person) view on the big screen, cockpit view on the gamepad. You are meant to split between the two while you are playing.
This sounds like the behind closed doors E3 2014 demo.
- In response to a His favorite Star Fox character is fox (he jokes that his eyebrows make him look like a Fox).
- Re-tells the anecdote about the shrine near him (with Torii gates that inspired the gameplay on the first Star Fox) that has a fox as the patron spirit.
- He confirms that it will have Amiibo support.
It is implied that it will be something on the level of the minor support in Mario Kart (this is partly my speculation).