Remember how The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes was revealed at Nintendo’s Digital Event @E3? Game Informer has given an in-depth feature about the game, letting readers know about some of the finer points and minutia. Additionally, Nintendo Everything compiled a quick, bullet point list on what is the most interesting:
- By wearing Zelda’s dress, more hearts will appear in-game
- Meanwhile, another outfit is practically a wearable bomb, making Link himself the weapon
- The first puzzle in the preview required the three Links to climb on each others’ shoulders and fire an arrow through a tall flame to light a torch (standard Zelda)
- You need to micro-manage the lineup of the the Link pillar; only the bottom can control the movement of the group
- The battle against Mogma (seen in the reveal trailer) was not overly difficult — bomb thrower needed to get to the top of the totem, then the pillar had to reorganize so the archer was at the top.
- Hearts are shared in the game so no one is fighting over health
- Players can touch icons on the lower screen to pinpoint where the other respective Link is
- Emoticons are collectible, allowing you to cheer on your friends in different ways
- Single-player mode is available, where Link can rent two paper dolls to act as A.I. as you make your way through the dungeon.
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes will release exclusively on Nintendo 3DS this Fall.