Nintendo America President Reggie Fils-Aime recently took part in a live Facebook interview with TV personality and tech expert Katie Linendoll. In the 20 minute sit-down, Reggie touches on some interesting topics like when he first joined Nintendo in 2003 and immediately felt the pressure from the PSP launch. Obviously very optimistic about the future of the Nintendo Switch, Fils-Aime goes on to explain about the strong release of the console and also hinted at some more surprises for 3DS.
Below is a brief run-down of what the president spoke about (courtesy of NeoGAF member LordKano)
- Reggie has data for the five first day of sales for the Switch (US), it’s still the best-selling Nintendo system on that time.
- He was asked the question about why are some games priced more on Switch than on other systems (likely referring to RiME), he just said that it was a third-party decision and Nintendo is not involved in that case.
- He talks about Zelda sales in Japan, and said that, usually Zelda is more of a western IP and isn’t selling that well in Japan, but this time the game is “killing it” in every territory.
- Cloud saves. He said “wouldn’t that be wonderful ? Stay tuned.”
- He was asked about Animal Crossing, Smash Bros and various games. To Super Smash Bros, he specifically answered that “our philosophy at Nintendo is to have one great experience of each franchise on each console. So, in the future, who knows when, you can anticipate that all our big franchises will be addressed”.
- He talks about when he entered the company, in December 2003 and how he felt pressure about the PSP announcement a few months earlier from Sony.
- He says that he’s constantly being asked if his body is ready, even when he travels for personal stuff.
- More surprise to come concerning 3DS.
Check out the interview on Nintendo’s official Facebook page here.