Bright And Colourful Teaser Site Opens For Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Nintendo has unleashed a brand new teaser site for the upcoming Nintendo Switch title, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The full site will be coming soon, but for now the teaser site gives you an overview regarding that to expect when the game launches on April 28th. You can check out the bright and colourful site, right here.

1. shinygold2 says:

I wish I could be excited for this game but I never really used battle mode all that much.

2. Still no word on an ambassador system for Mario Kart 8 Wii U players?

3. King Kalas X3 {Greatness Awaits at Sony PlayStation 4! Please, Nintendo! Blow me off of the fence at E3 onto your side so I can say the same for Switch, too!} says:

Meh. I’m sticking to my guns. No discount for this game for owning it digitally on my Wii U, no buy. A few extra characters & actual battle arenas for battle mode isn’t enough to pay another whole 50-60 bucks.

1. King Kalas X3 {Greatness Awaits at Sony PlayStation 4! Please, Nintendo! Blow me off of the fence at E3 onto your side so I can say the same for Switch, too!} says:

That or at least a promise that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will get free DLC, ala Splatoon, in the next 6 months to a year of it’s release at the end of this month. Only then would I pay that much again.

2. N64EVER says:

good, you stick with your guns and we’ll all enjoy the first great multiplayer game for the Switch.

Are you gonna start stalking me now & dissing everything I say like a little troll? Aww! That’s so adorable! *adds N64EVER to list of followers* Enjoy paying another 60 bucks for roughly the same exact game that you bought on Wii U, though, bub.

1. N64EVER says:

You’re 14 I can tell

You’re a troll. I can tell. No real effort in the insults. No real effort in explaining why you like something. No real effort in actually trying to prove me wrong. And following me on here to be salty because I won’t buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch. Not like you’ll read any of this, anyway, since you’re just a troll trying to get a reaction. *claps* You succeeded. Here’s your trophy!

2. validvalid says:

But you do understand that “the first great multiplayer game for the Switch” refers to a game that launched years ago, had an attach rate of over 50% on the WiiU and got played inside out by its fans there?
        And that after a while MK8 isn’t like offering that much variety to keep us playing for that many more years? Not enough to justify that ridiculous pricetag for a reworked port?

It really is the greatest and best MK game for everyone who never played it (which might be a lot of people after the WiiU’s lack of sucess) so it’s not like it shouldn’t be worth it. But WiiU players basically pay 60 bucks to play battle mode. And no, that’s not making any sense.

BUT I’m sure you’ll quickly get MK8 used for something around 40 bucks and should it ever hit the 30-mark, I might still be getting it.

1. N64EVER says:

I do understand where everyone is coming from, but like you said Mario Kart 8 was the best MK yet and if it’s a revamped version then if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

1. validvalid says:

it’s not about fixing anything, it’s about luring us WiiU-players by making it cheaper. Many of us won’t be buying the same game all over again and many of us would if it would come cheaper. We already paid for the package once and as long as we’re only talking digital here, Nintendo is only losing money by not doing this. I don’t say they should give it to us for free, as I do see that they put additional work into it. But I along with many WiiU players just won’t buy it again for full price at all. Of course I’m more talking about fanservice and won’t complain if they decide not to do that. But it would also be just a good thing as they’d get a lot of WiiU-owners on board which wouldn’t have bought it otherwise at all.

1. N64EVER says:

I think regardless man, this game Is gonna see Wii U numbers, If not more. Switch desperately needs an interactive game such as this. I loved MK 8. Best one yet in my opinion. If they fix all their mistakes and listen to the fans (like they have), this game we’ll be a MUST own… for me anyways. I really hope this is the case for more people. This game deserves all the attention it might not have received on Wii U. Do I agree with a discounted price? Of course I’d be down for that, but unfortunately this is Nintendo we’re talking about. But then again I might just be a sucker for reliving game experiences. I’m desperately waiting for that Smash Bros port. Don’t let us down E3.

2. HollowGrapeJ says:

I don’t understand why anyone would expect MK8 Deluxe to be cheaper. Even if it was the exact same with absolutely nothing added, it would still be $60. And there wouldn’t have been anything wrong with that. It’s on a brand new console.

2. xkobebryantx says:

The thing for me is, i have thoroghlly played MK8 and sure a deluxe version would be nice, but, I would rather pay 60 bucks for another game than the same game with added features.

3. validvalid says:

While you’re right and I don’t expect them to give us WiiU-ppl any discount anyways, I believe if they’d do, they wouldn’t announce it right now but more along with the game’s launch when they’re really starting their promotions. So maybe, just maybe there’s still a little chance. In the end you and me belong to quite some audience of, let’s say a million WiiU-copy-owners who would only buy it on the Switch if they’d do it. and we wouldn’t spend any money if they wouldn’t. So strategically, it would be better for Nintendo not just for the money but also a fast increase of the MK8 and Switch userbase. And with digital releases they wouldn’t lose anything.

Still, I never really expected them to do it and won’t start now, but never give up hope :)

This is why I hate Nintendo being so secretive sometimes. If those of us owning the game digital on our NNID are gonna actually be getting a discount, they should just announce it now. It’s not gonna hurt them to do so. In fact, if they announced it sooner, I wouldn’t have had that discussion with that guy coming to N64EVER’s rescue. *shrug* Oh well.

4. *swallows his words* If I can complain about Street Fighter II from 2008 being full price… I guess I have to admit that Mario Kart from the last gen console being full price is hard to swallow… But you have to admit, High Command is counting on the fact that many people never bought the first game…

Oh I know that’s what they are hoping for. There is no doubt about that. But it won’t sell to those of us that already paid 80 bucks for the game on Wii U & aren’t gonna get lured in by a few little shiny extras for another 60 bucks.

1. How about being able to play it on the go, or what is bound to be a more vibrant online community? Lord Kosuke Yabuki is no fool. There are many differences from the first weapon. https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe

4. Evilumbreon says:

Not worth it if you already own it on Wii U version really. I’ll probably buy it when it goes down in price but not now, no need to be so salty N64EVER.

He’s just mad I challenged his opinions, or lack there of since he did boast about the reviews of others with no review of his own to speak of, about Breath of the Wild with my own opinions of the game & how it’s not a masterpiece as it does have it’s fair share of flaws & masterpieces are flawless. *shrug* I wonder how long he’ll stalk me, though, like a troll that finally found someone that pays it attention.

I forgot to add this after the shrug: “It’s just differing opinions at the end of the day, anyway, but some sad people have to push theirs as undeniable facts for some reason. Maybe it’s an ego or narcissistic mindset.”

1. pokeguru91 says:

Not saying your wrong but your sure know how to be a dickhead it. But I do disagree. Battle mode is extremely fun in every iteration of Mario kart I’ve ever played. Not to mention the renegade roundup mode looks absolutely bananas. Also 200cc mode on launch is awesome, and I may actually try and get atleast one star (200cc) in all the grandprix but I may aim for three stars like I did 50cc-mirror. Also the switch up of having two items to hold will also change things up a little. it will be awesome to actually play a local 8 player match with relative ease. It’s funny how people justify buying the same $20 indie games of the EXACT PORT across all three to four platforms, but won’t spend a little extra to buy a full fledged AAA game of an EXTENDED port. I 100% will buy this game. A discount would be nice, but I’m not gonna cry and say it’s not worth it. Don’t want to pay $60 again? So you did buy it on Wii U . So than sell Mario kart 8 for Wii U then…you probably can get atleast $40 for it. Since Nintendo games hold up their value and then you can get it for essentially $20+ or maybe less and that’s worst case scenario. Unless of course you already sold it to rush and get a ps4 game that DIDNT retain its value and would be pointless to sell… that’s worst case scenario. I know I’ll be selling my Mario kart 8 Wii U to get the switch one and I’ll pay $20 $25 extra GLADLY to enjoy this extended port.

Also Zelda has it flaws definitely but please name one open world game that has absolutely no flaws. Look at andromeda for gods sake… looks like a train wreck! I think it’s a solid 8 or 9 out of 10. some more long dungeons would have been nice but I can’t really complain about the frame rate issue since that’s been patched. Also I love the weapons system unlike a lot of people… I loved The change ups. The only thing that bugged me at first was finding cool weapons when I had a bunch of cool weapons already and very few weapons slots.

Anyways… continue to be a complete dick… he says he will enjoy this title and throws a small jab of ok “stick to your guns then” simply restating what you said andyou attack on full defensive-dick mode lol… the only troll I’m seeing is you.

Battle mode has never been a strong selling point for me with Mario Kart so the battle arenas are meaningless as a selling point for MK8D. Pretty sure 200cc was added to the original Mario Kart 8 on Wii U by way of paid DLC. Being able to hold 2 items, one behind you & one in the box, was something in past games so the original Mario Kart 8 should have it it to begin with. Can’t sell Mario Kart 8 because it was a digital purchase. You’d know this if you read my first comment instead of trying to white knight the N64 dude by reading my comments after his. Even if I could sell it, I’d still pay 40 bucks for roughly the same game & I want this for 20 bucks. As for the entire thing about indies, I’ve only bought one indie game & that was The Fall on my PS4 so not sure how this pertains to me.

Just because other games have flaws doesn’t mean BotW is gonna get a pass from me. Nor should it get a pass from anyone else. It’s Zelda. Excuse me for expecting the best from a game in that franchise. I understand if you’re new to the franchise.

I understand if you have to defend the troll as you haven’t seen our discussion on another article or him using roughly the same “did someone hurt you?” line with me on another person who also voiced their different opinions & didn’t even once try to give his piece on the matter. Or rather, it was me trying to discuss while the troll was going “Lalala! I can’t hear you over other people’s reviews with none of my own! You’re just a PS troll! I’d realize you weren’t if I read your full name but I’d rather stay in denial & just assume from the praise for PS4 in the first sentence! Let me stalk you on another comment section & be salty in the hopes some sucker will defend me when you make a comment back to me.” I’m sorry if that sucker ended up being you. *pats you on the back* I give you credit for trying to be a hero but you wasted your time doing it for this troll.

1. pokeguru91 says:

All I need to say is… Atleast this sucker didn’t buy a digital copy for the same price as physical of a praised Nintendo game so that I couldn’t resell it and then come here to be salty at Nintendo for charging full price for what’s still a great game. Sorry that sucker had to be you… *pats on back*. Jesus who on earth talks like that. And your wrong… just wrong on so many levels.. 200cc was not paid dlc on Wii U. 2nd… You can sell a physical copy on eBay for $30-$40 and maybe even a little more if your really lucky. This means you’ll spend roughly $25 $30 maybe a little more. 3rd being able to hold two items is a feature in every other game? So wrong the double item has only been featured in a SINGLE MARIO KART. Double dash… And one last interesting question if battle mode doesn’t intrigue you why do you even consider wanting to buy this game at all? After all it’s the same game you’ve already beat on Wii U and played a whole lot of already. So if there’s nothing new that interest you then there should be no reason for you to want to buy it AT ALL. To me it seems like you do want the game for $20 and you want it for no reason other than to have it portable? You know since the battle mode doesn’t interest you at all! Why do you want it again then if battle doesn’t interest you? Why not just keep playing on Wii U? that is a genuine question.

I seriously question your ability to be able to talk about these matters. Zelda can’t have a pass but every other game can. What score would you
              Give Zelda? And seriously if you own Mario kart 8 let’s play a race soon how bout tomorrow? Just send me your Nintendo Wii U ID (or whTver it’s called) I’m thinking u might not even own a Wii U at all. But then again I’m NOT the type to dig through comments and profiles and see how legit you area

O.O Dude! Why are you stalking me on Miiverse? That’s totally creepy, bro.

1. interesting..
                    Nintendrones need to be punished, is your duty as an obinna clone and nintendo hater.
                    am helping you..
                    throwing you into the fire if you will..

– Church of Sasori

1. King Kalas X3 {Greatness Awaits. This use to be something that awaited those for all consoles. It's sad it's mostly just a PS4 slogan these days. Maybe Nintendo will get back to that greatness with the Switch. Only time will tell.} says:

Ew, no! I try to keep my arguments on MIiverse to a bare nothing because of the strictness! I don’t need a bunch of fanboys stalking me on there trying to pick bloody fights.

2. King Kalas X3 {Greatness Awaits at Sony PlayStation 4! Please, Nintendo! Blow me off of the fence at E3 onto your side so I can say the same for Switch, too!} says:

*looks at my profile’s About Me section* I need to update that list at some point. Of course, I can’t do it on Miiverse because of Nintendo’s stupid 400 character limit.

3. pokeguru91 says:

Wait a second so I was right.. this guy/girl doesn’t really have a Wii U huh?

“if battle mode doesn’t intrigue you why do you even consider wanting to buy this game at all?” “Why do you want it again then if battle doesn’t interest you?” Is he seri..! Are you serious!? That’s honestly a silly question to ask. It’s a racing game with freaking Mario characters. I want it for that. There is no guarantee Switch could get it’s own exclusive Mario Kart game. As for why I’m not still playing it on Wii U, I got rid of that failure of a Nintendo console. It was nothing but a joke & I’m hoping the Switch does better than that.

“Zelda can’t have a pass but every other game can.” You said that, not me. No game deserves a pass with it’s flaws. Not Nintendo’s games, not Blizzard’s games, no one! I’m talking about Zelda, anyway. The flaws of other games doesn’t matter in this subject. It’s truly annoying when Nintendo loyalists try to bring up every other game with flaws when someone like me dares to give one of Nintendo’s games criticism for their flaws. I’m out, though. I know when I’m in a losing battle. It’s clear you are trying to protect your fellow Nintendo loyalist, and Nintendo itself, against the big bad villain that dares to hold Nintendo accountable! Good luck & have fun with your Switch.

1. pokeguru91 says:

Wow your a true idiot.. I have a ps4 and Wii U and switch AND Xbox 360, and if e3 is good for Xbox Scorpio I MAY EVEN GET THAT! So don’t call me a Nintendo loyalist, I skipped the Wii entirely in favor of Xbox 360! And although the Wii U WAS a failure for marketing it has some of the best nintendo games ever created! Not to mention it had the highest rated and MOST exclusives over ps4 and Xbox one and may even still hold that title. Despite having a drought between games or no gamesat all it was the games it did release That Already have made so many memories WITH friends. I can’t say that for the ps4 or anything this gen. Mario kart 8, smash bros, pokken tournament, has seen more time (just to name a few) total than all my ps4 games… there have been so many hyped up games this generation that are just complete trash. And even Wii u holds some of those. Mainly starfox zero! i honestly believe you never had a Wii U. :) who the fuck pays for all these digital downloads and then sells a system you have to wipe. Either a true sucker idiot, Or a liar that never had one… so you buy digital games you can’t resell and you obviously like the Mario kart franchise because it’s a freaking racing game with Mario characters and not to mention is the best one yet. Awww I’m sorry you didn’t have fun with your imaginary Wii U so you had to sell it for imaginary money. You had no fun with your Wii U and Mario kart 8 that’s why you sold it right… and now you want it all over again… and you want it for $20 because you bought it digitally already… I’m calling bullshit. Lol you want it for $20 despite selling your “failure of a console” and NOW having no way to prove you ever bought it. So you sold your Wii U, and your telling me to have fun on my switch, and you’ve actually played Zelda enough to give an opinion on it…. HMMMMMM THIS SOUNDS EXTREMELY FISHY. Anyone else seeing this?!

*stops reading when this guy goes off on a rant about how I didn’t own a Wii U* If you want proof, just go through my Miiverse posts since “Sasori” posted it, so you might as well enjoy the egg hunt. I’m sure you’ll come across one that I made before the 3DS or the internet even had Miiverse which will prove without a shadow of a doubt that I owned one. Or you can keep pretending I didn’t to bolster your defense. Either way, the choice is yours & yours alone. Stay in denial or find out I’m not lying about owning one. So I leave with this again. Good luck & have fun with your Switch.

(For someone not a fanboy of Nintendo, he sure is trying his utmost to be right about his opinion & somehow prove my opinion wrong concerning Nintendo. A test in futility. *shrug*)

1. pokeguru91 says:

*stops reading as soon as you started writing like this… seriously what did you say? I stopped reading because you sound like a smug idiot beating off to your own comments. Do you like the smell of your own farts too and drive a hybrid.

2. King Kalas X3 {Greatness Awaits. This use to be something that awaited those for all consoles. It's sad it's mostly just a PS4 slogan these days. Maybe Nintendo will get back to that greatness with the Switch. Only time will tell.} says:

~Just as I thought. I stay civil yet this guy just throws insult after insult at me. Doesn’t even read my comment in spite of me reading half of his. Oh well. Probably just a troll, anyway. Moving on to more worthwhile conversations!~

3. pokeguru91 says:

wow so you did own one. but after some digging (sorry i couldn’t resist) it is just like i thought… posted 09/08/2014 on the miiverse page, you have a picture of you bloating about your victories in 100CC LMAO… your a fucking rookie that is soo happy he’s getting 3 star victories on 100cc. you fucking suck man. Label yourself an “expert” gamer on your miiverse but truth is your fucking awful. Probably the reason you got rid of your wii u… You can’t play smash online cuz you suck and thats way harder to get good at than mario kart, and you even suck at mario kart! yeah those are fighting words… So get a copy of smash wii u, mario kart 8, maybe i’ll even buy a copy of the 3ds SMASH which is inferior as fuck, dude… you were playing smash on the gamepad, your a true rookie… whats the matter too broke to afford a gamecube controller and adapter, is that why you sold your wii u cuz u were hurting for money, and was tired of being spanked at the games you were so excited for?.. hell I’ll even buy mortal kombat again or another ps4 fighter (Of your choice) just so i can prove how much you suck. You sucked soooooo bad at competitive games that the only thing your wii u was useful for was posting about 3000 comments on WWE on the Nintendo TVii thread… and I bet thats when you really got rid of it.. no more WWE commentating like your important. WHAT A JOKE… , I Don’t blame you for getting rid of your wii u, it sucks when you get wrecked all the time hence why you don’t have a single online screen shot of a online victory anywhere.. and last but definitely not least… Dude…. you like WWE… all your credibility is lost. Your a loser and a half. if you grow some balls to challenge me I’ll be here… good bye ol’ chump!

4. pokeguru91 says:

oh whats that… I’m a troll? I didn’t read your reply. read my new reply i couldn’t resist to tear you up you fucking lame :)

5. pokeguru91 says:

I’d also like to mention… you join the wii u zelda community just to make it look like you played zelda since your OMFG thats sooooo hilarious… you never played it DONT FUCKING LIE. looks like your wii u post stopped when TVii was discontinued… awwww you can’t comment on your hubbys brock lesnar and john cena anymore? did that make u sell your wii u little boy?

2. pokeguru91 says:

Please… take another few days off to think how your going to reply to that one :)

2. pokeguru91 says:

Oh and new to the series for Zelda? I’ve played everyone but the 3ds, twilight princess, and a link to the past. Not exactly new and I’ve loved them all. I must say breath of the wild and ocarina are my favorite. But all the other ones are amazing as well.

1. N64EVER says:

I agree on your top Zelda picks…. and everything you’re saying for that matter :) This guy gets so butthurt so easily, It’s fun messing with him lmao

2. pokeguru91 says:

Also… I typed that on a phone so don’t be a grammar or spelling warrior:

2. Sam Coley says:

True, BOTW may have some problems. But it still got perfect 10s across the boards, PUNK! Eat it!

I’m sorry if you’re like the other poor sap & need to mention the perfect 10s from OTHER people to feel good about your opinion of the game. Too bad some of those reviews can sadly be bought. Read the user reviews that don’t crucify the game or give it a 1 or 0 with no long review. In fact, quit relying on the scores alone. Even if a review gives a score of 10, it doesn’t mean they didn’t have issues with the flaws that they didn’t like but ignored them for whatever reason when giving the score. It’s like relying on percentages with no real numbers to back it up. You’re only getting half of the truth & those tend to be worthless.

2. You sure like throwing insults like “freak” and “punk” around like bean bags, however unprovoked, don’t you?

I’m surprised he didn’t try to go Super Saiyan on me.

2. N64EVER says:

should have reconsidered his display name I guess

Should actually read the whole thing instead of stopping at the praise I give for PS4.

5. HollowGrapeJ says:

If I ever get a Nintendo Switch, I’m definitely getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It was one of my favorite Wii U games and I never did get all the DLC.

Gonna wait for a price cut or a discount?

Then again, by the time you buy a Switch, it will probably already be going for 20 bucks in a bargain bin somewhere. Or for 20 bucks at a pawn shop. Because we know you won’t be buying it used at GameStop since they’d just sell it used for 50 bucks, 10 bucks removed from the full price for a new copy. (GameStop & their shitty prices for used games… Disgusting!)