Nintendo European Research & Development has revealed their involvement on the recently released SNES Mini console. The revered team of developers wrote the following on their official website:
Despite early anticipation from fans following the release of the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System in 2016, NERD has strived to surprise users with the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System, all the while refining the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System experience.
In charge of developing the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System software stack, NERD is proud to highlight the following contributions:
- Super FX support, bringing emulation of Yoshi’s Island, Star Fox, and Star Fox 2, a previously unreleased title, for the first time!
- The rewind feature, which enables you to redo a difficult section of a game without having to start at the beginning again
- A refined, tack sharp 4:3 mode with no aliasing
- Dynamic decorative frames that add color to all that unused space on modern 16:9 TVs
- Smoother menu to game transitions