One game that sure to be a hit with Nintendo Switch owners this winter is the upcoming Team Sonic Racing from Sumo Digital and SEGA. Today, SEGA has released a new video which takes a look at some of the new team mechanics in the latest Sonic racer.
“In the premiere video, watch as Sonic and Friends work together using unique team-based moves to race past rival teams. Fans will also be treated to debut footage of Team Rose, a loveable new trio, and Ice Mountain, a frozen terrain that challenges players across all skill levels.
Developed by award-winning studio Sumo, Team Sonic Racing is the ultimate arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing experience, featuring your favorite characters and environments from across the Sonic Universe. Race together and win together in online multiplayer or local co-op mode utilizing the dynamic team mechanics and vehicle customization features to dash across the finish line. To pre-order the physical edition of Team Sonic Racing, please visit www.teamsonicracing.com. Details of digital pre-order will be available at a later date.”
Prepare to assist teammates and knock out opponents with a variety of fast-paced moves, including:
- Skimboost: Boost struggling teammates back into action as you drive by!
- Slingshot: Slipstream a teammate for a slingshot boost!
- Rival Takedown: Knock out highlighted opponents ahead and speed past them!
- Item Box Transfer: Send and receive Wisps with teammates anywhere on the track!
- Team Ultimate: Use Team Mechanics to fill your Team Ultimate meter and unleash a massive team boost!