The latest edition of Weekly Famitsu is with subscribers and within it there’s news direct from Marvelous who has confirmed that there is currently a brand new Story of Seasons video game in development. This game has nothing to do with the upcoming Doraemon Story of Seasons which will be coming to the Nintendo Switch in Japan on 13th June. A release date for the latter title has yet to be announced for the west. Here the details from Famitsu:
- Doraemon Story of Seasons is a project that was launched by Bandai Namco’s Koji Nakajima, who was a fan of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.
- Unlike past Story of Seasons titles, Doraemon Story of Seasons has a proper main story (as opposed to just working on the farm).
- The theme is family, and the main story focuses on love for one’s family.
- Working on the ranch is the player’s main task, and at first the farm work will be quite hard.
- Doraemon’s secret gadgets will help resolve the things that “inconvenience you” in Story of Seasons.
- The “At Gungun,” which causes crops to grow immediately, is an expendable item, so it cannot be used carelessly.
- Other than Doraemon Story of Seasons, work is underway on a new Story of Seasons game, according to Marvelous’ Hikaru Nakano.