Concerned Ape, creator of Stardew Valley, has an early holiday present for gamers that play Stardew Valley. Concerned Ape announced on Twitter that Stardew Valley’s 1.4 update, the big content update that was announced last month, is “now available on Switch & PS4, and should be coming to Xbox in the next couple of hours”. The mobile version should get the update in January. We’ve included the tweet for you down below, as well as the official patch notes that were released last month.
- There is a new end-game mystery, involving an abandoned building…
- Added some more character events… including a new 14-heart event for every spouse. I wanted to show a little more about what each spouse is up to after marriage, and give you another thing to look forward to after marriage.
- Added Fish Ponds, a new farm building that allows you to raise fish and harvest a variety of items from them. Most fish will produce roe, which can be processed further in a preserves jar. Some fish produce other things, though, and many also produce secondary items that can be useful.
- Added a new farm map: Four Corners
Four Corners is perfect for the new separate money option in multiplayer, since each farmer can have their own quadrant to live in. But it’s also fun for single player or cooperative farms. Each quadrant has a different perk, but the intruding cliffs reduce your total farming area. Another interesting feature is that the greenhouse, farm cave and pet area are located in the center of the farm.
- Over 60 new items, some fun, some practical and some powerful
- Added 24 new hairstyles, 181 new shirts, 35 new hats, 14 new pants , and 2 new boots
- Junimo Kart has been almost completely re-done