Nintendo has revealed the best-selling software for the Nintendo Switch, providing updated sales figures this morning. The best-selling game on the Nintendo Switch so far is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, however, that’s swiftly followed by Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It’s also nice to see Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition shifting 1.32 million units and Ring Fit Adventure at 4 million.
Here’s the best-selling Nintendo Switch software as of August 2020:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 26.74 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 22.4 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 19.99 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch version) – 18.60 million
- Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield – 18.22 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 18.06 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!/Let’s Go, Eevee! – 12.20 million
- Super Mario Party – 10.94 million
- Splatoon 2 – 10.71 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 7.44 million
Additional Nintendo Switch software sales figures:
- Ring Fit Adventure – 4 million units
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition – 1.32 million
- Clubhouse Games – 1.03 million
This is kinda weird. I’ve read somewhere else that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sold over 1.42 million units. Why is Definitive Edition on this list with slightly fewer sales, but 2 isn’t?
Because the list provided above is wrong. The top 10 are right, but 11, 12 and 13 are not 11, 12 and 13 (or even close) – they were just numbers Nintendo included for illustration (Xenoblade and Clubhouse games because they’re new, and Ring Fit Adventure because it’s selling very well despite stock issues). In actuality games such as Luigi’s Mansion 3, Super Mario Maker 2, Link’s Awakening DX, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and yes, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, have all outsold XC:DE
There’s a Wikipedia page of all the games that have sold over 1 million if you’re interested
Yup, I’ve made this a bit clearer by editing the post.