Yesterday, you may remember that Nintendo had confirmed on Twitter that a new update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was coming soon. Well, the update was released earlier tonight, and so have the update’s official patch notes. Once you update your game, it should be at version 9.0.2.
Updates like this are generally small in nature, and new additions are a rare occurrence. This update doesn’t even re-balance any fighters. This time, the update simply resolves any glitches that the fighters had, as well as “gameplay fixes”. As previously stated, patch notes have been released, so you can see them down below.
- Fixed an issue where you could not use the stick to jump while falling after creating an anvil using the down air attack.
- Fixed an issue where the gunman from Duck Hunt’s down special and the phantom from Zelda’s down special were not behaving as intended.
- Fixed an issue where the initial velocity of Samus’s and Dark Samus’s up special when used on the ground was not behaving as intended.
- Fixed an issue where fighters would sometimes warp on the Venom stage.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes fighters would pass through landscapes when they were launched on some stages.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes you would be forced to end a battle on a stage created in Stage Builder.
- Various gameplay fixes.