5 days have now passed since the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Sephiroth presentation. You may recall that the character had been slated for a release of December 22nd, which is tonight. You may also recall that players could unlock Sephiroth early with the Sephiroth’s Challenge mode, allowing you to play as him and even do his Classic Mode run.
Well, if you’ve been waiting for that December 22nd date, now it’s your turn. Nintendo has released an update to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, bringing the game to version 10.1.0. Everyone that purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or Fighter’s Pass can now play as Sephiroth, and the Sephiroth’s Challenge mode is no longer a necessary requiremnt to unlock him. Mii Costumes and some Final Fantasy spirits have also been added. The full patch notes are down below.
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Red XIII
- Cait Sith
- The Turks & Rufus Shinra
- Bahamut ZERO
- Chocobo & Moogle
- You can now switch between different artwork for Cloud’s spirit.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Sephiroth Challenger Pack
- Barret’s Outfit
- Tifa’s Outfit
- Aerith’s Outfit
- Chocobo Hat
- Geno Hat + Outfit
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- You can now switch between “Random from all songs” and “Random from My Music” for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield and Final Destination stages. (Note: To switch between options, access My Music via the Options or the Vault and then press the X Button.)
- The Final Smash for Cloud’s 2P, 4P, 6P and 8P color variations has been changed to Omnislash Ver. 5. (This essentially functions the same as a regular Omnislash.)
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
|Fox||Forward Air Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Increased attack range of the first attack to fourth attack.
|Fox||Down Air Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Increased attack range.
|Luigi||Dash Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
|Zelda||Side Smash Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Increased final attack’s range.
|Pichu||Side Smash Attack||Increased final attack’s range.|
|Younk Link||Up Special||Made it easier to hit multiple times when using the move in the air.|
|Toon Link||Up Special||Made it easier to hit multiple times when using the move in the air.|
|Olimar||Up Special||After throwing a Pikmin with a side smash attack or side special, if there are other Pikmin nearby when using up special, an air attack using a Pikmin will occur.|
|Rosalina & Luma||Forward Air Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Decreased the attack range above the skirt’s hemline, and made it easier to continue with later attacks.
Increased final attack’s range.
|Mii Gunner||Up Throw||Adjusted launch angle.|
Increased attack range for the shot fired after the throw.
|Duck Hunt||Side Smash Attack||Made it easier to hit multiple times.|
Decreased the time that an opponent can hitstun shuffle during the first and second attacks.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- The latest software version is required to enter Online mode.
- Local wireless play is not compatible with Ver. 10.0.0 and earlier. All players who want to fight in local wireless battles need to make sure they have the same software version.
- There may be compatibility issues with replays from Ver. 9.0.0 to 10.0.0. Replays from Ver. 8.1.0 and earlier are not compatible. If you want to keep your replays, convert them into videos before installing the update. You can do this via Vault → Replays → Replay Data → Convert to Video.