The official Capcom Unity blog has clarified that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate multiplayer mode won’t be region locked between North America and Europe. You’ll be able to play against both North American gamers and European gamers, but not against Japanese.
I’m proud to confirm that multiplayer in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will work amongst both North American and European versions, online AND locally!
Nintendo of America has listed precisely which games are available for download this week on the North American Nintendo eShop. Heading up the offerings is Mega Man Battle Network for the Wii U Virtual Console. There’s also an intriguing game titled XType Plus which is available for the Wii U eShop. You can check out a video of the frantic shooter, above. Here’s the games you can get this week.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK – Lan and his extraordinary network navigator MEGA MAN.EXE are skilled computer operators who hack into the expansive network world and battle network crime. In this Game Boy Advance classic, defeat hackers and viruses in real time, while collecting Battle Chips that will help along the way. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- If you like Mega Man, then you’re in for a treat – a classic Mega Man game will release every Thursday in August in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U!
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids – The popular LEGO Ninjago video game franchise is back with high-kicking action and adventure. Based on the first five new episodes of the animated TV series, LEGONinjago Rebooted, players will battle and defend New Ninjago City, where the Ninjas face a technological threat by the evil Overlord and his robotic army of Nindroids. Play as your favorite Ninja and battle enemies with combo moves and attacks. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Nintendo eShop Sales
- Darts Up 3D – Darts Up 3D is 67 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $0.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 20 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Sweet Memories – Blackjack – Sweet Memories – Blackjack is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 21 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- WAKEDAS – WAKEDAS is 34 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 21 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
Also new this week:
Namco Bandai has announced that Pokemon: Battle Nine will be coming to Japanese arcades Pokemon: Battle Nine sees players capturing iconic Pokemon on a grid based system. The games concept seems as though it will be a sure-fire success in Japan, but there’s no word as to whether Pokemon: Battle Nine will come to the west.
Thanks, toaster in a bathtub
In anticipation of the game’s 19th September launch, a new Nintendo Direct taking a closer look at Hyrule Warriors for Wii U will be made available on YouTube and the Nintendo Direct website in Europe Tuesday 5th August at 08:00 CEST. The event will air August 4th in the United States at 11pm EDT.
- Europe : 5AM (5/8)
- UK : 4AM (5/8)
- USA (East Coast): 11PM (4/8)
- USA (West Coast): 8PM (4/8)
- Japan : 12PM (5/8)
Nintendo spokesperson Yasuhiro Minagawa has revealed that company president Satoru Iwata is “recovering steadily.” During the executive’s absence, however, the firm won’t make important decisions. Iwata recently endured surgery to remove a bile-duct growth. As a result, he missed Nintendo’s annual shareholder meeting and this year’s E3 trade fair in Los Angeles.
“Iwata is recovering steadily,” said Minagawa. “There is no interference with his business as president.”
US video game retail chain GameStop currently has Paper Mario: Sticker Star for the Nintendo 3DS available for $10 brand new. The latest Paper Mario title didn’t seem to resonate with the fanbase, but it’s certainly worth a shot at $10 if you haven’t already played it.
Thanks, Nick S
A whole new world awaits players in Disney Magical World, launching across Europe on 24th October for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems. After creating a personalised avatar and a customised dream life, players embark on a 3D fantasy adventure featuring more than 60 iconic Disney characters across a main central plaza and its surrounding worlds inspired by Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella,Aladdin and more. It’s all Disney, all the time as players interact with beloved characters, manage a café to earn in-game coins, set off on ghost-hunting quests and even visit friends’ towns via Local Play.
Endless opportunities for creativity and customisation allow the imagination to run wild in Disney Magical World. With more than 1,000 items, players can hone their design skills to create hundreds of personalised Disney-themed outfits, accessories and furniture. Aspiring restaurateurs can design a café from its décor to its menu. As they foster its success through careful management, players can earn valuable in-game coins and even pique the interest of favourite Disney characters to stop by for a meal. The personal “My Room” retreat above the café offers another customisable opportunity with even more items and furniture.
For players looking for a dose of adventure, Disney Magical World features many exciting quests and unique collectibles. By collecting and using magic wands with different skill sets, players can battle through ghost-filled forests and dungeons. Players also can help various Disney characters retrieve missing hard-to-find items on these action-filled excursions. With Disney Magical World players can connect with friends and showcase their creativity to one another. By connecting a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system via Local Play, they can check out the towns and cafés of friends and even exchange cherished items.
Adding to the adventure, a full world based on Pirates of the Caribbean can be purchased as add-on content from November 2014, where there will be new quests and characters, including Captain Jack Sparrow. Meanwhile from launch, look out for a number of unique free items, including new costumes, recipes and café items, which will become available via Nintendo Zone hotspots across Europe. From launch you will also be able to take advantage of the Augmented Reality capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems, with the distribution of Disney Magical World-specific AR cards. More details on these AR cards, and how you can get them will follow closer to the game’s release. The fun-filled adventure begins on 24th October 2014 when Disney Magical World launches across Europe for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems.