Peripheral manufacturer Hori has revealed a new slide pad for the Nintendo 3DS to coincide with the release of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The new accessory changes the button placement on the Nintendo 3DS. There’s now a slide pad where the left shoulder button is and ZL underneath the grip on the left hand side. You can also see that by having the new slide pad on the left shoulder it allows you to adjust the camera and move only using your left hand.
Thanks, Barry D
Capcom has announced ahead of its annual financial results that it will revise its current profit projections by more than 50 per cent. Despite an increase in profits from their famed Monster Hunter franchise, the company has issued a statement to halve their profit forecast after underwhelming sales in both the mobile market and Monster Hunter Frontier G – the online game which is exclusive to Japan.
The Osaka-based company has reduced its consolidated net income profit forecast from its original projection of 6.8 billion yen (around $66 million) to 3.3 billion yen (around $32 million). However, Capcom’s net sales are due to increase from 97 billion yen to 101.5 billion yen, primarily due to strong sales from Monster Hunter 4.
Though sales have increased, the mobile market hasn’t quite hit the ground running and Capcom has suffered a significant “special loss” of 5 billion yen from setting aside “post business structural improvement expenses” to reorganise the product development framework and improve development processes. A small section of the offiical statement from Capcom can be found below.
“The forecast for consolidated sales has been increased mainly because of strong sales of ‘Monster Hunter 4′, the biggest title in Capcom’s home video games business, and the highly successful pachislo title ‘Monster Hunter Gekka Raimei’. On the other hand, the operating income and ordinary income forecasts have been lowered because of a decline in profitability. The primary reasons for this decline are below expectations of products in the highly profitable mobile contents and ‘Monster Hunter Frontier G’ online game. The net income forecast has been lowered for these reasons as well as to incorporate the special loss explained in the previous section. As a result, Capcom revises the forecast for consolidated business for the fiscal year ending March 2014.”
Capcom has today confirmed that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS will be heading to the west sometime in early 2015. A lot of fans have been clamouring for the game to come to the United States and Europe, so it’s great news that it’s finally coming.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Capcom announced Monster Hunter 4G for the Nintendo 3DS during the Monster Hunter Fiesta 13 which is going on in Japan. The game is scheduled to come to the Nintendo 3DS at the end of the year. Save data from Monster Hunter 4 will be transferrable to the new game.
Nintendo of Japan held a special Nintendo Direct today which focussed purely on the upcoming Monster Hunter 4 for the Nintendo 3DS. There were plenty of interesting tidbits of information contained in the presentation. Here’s the main points that were presented by Nintendo, including the ability to dress up cats in the game as Mario and Luigi.
- Monster Hunter X Super Mario. You can dress up the cats as Mario and Luigi.
- Link outfit for the main character revealed. This outfit you also get in a collab quest.
- Iwata talks a bit more about the collab costumes. There will special quests at 7-Eleven and available to download thereafter.
- Iwata leaves the rest of the presentation to the development team.
- They are now going to show some multiplayer. Game features online multiplayer now.
- You have to click on a world map button and choose between the various options of the game.
- Friends can directly join from the friends list. Of course, you can still create or find rooms.
- With finding a room, you can pick the skill level and difficulty of quests. They are now going into lobby.
- There is a full chat function, with which you can communicate with players in the lobby.
- There are the pre-installed options for you to enter, if you prefer that.
- We see them duking it out against a gigantic creature. Everyone is trying their own strategy.
- It seems all pretty seemless, as you can all walk around freely. Chat function always active in the corner.
- Finishing the monster off is done a quick timey sort of way.
- Monster Hunter 4 themes are being discussed. It is, according to them, very clearly shown in the opening.
- The game’s theme is also used in commercials, as it presents everything quite well.
- There is also new function called an… item sensor? It allows you to find the more important items really.
- They are talking about that the character can jump now, which allows for more action packed adventures.
- The game still features a story, which is expanded a bit more in comparison to previous games.
- You journey to different places, take on quests and they are many NPCs too.
- Their bit is concluded with an overview of some more crazy monsters.
The latest breathtaking Monster Hunter 4 video is the game’s opening movie, just released by Capcom Japan on the company’s official Youtube Channel. The clip features an epic battle with a Tigrex while showcasing some of the new features of Monster Hunter 4, such as the new Insect Staff weapon and the player’s ability to attack monsters by jumping and grabbing onto them.
Capcom is supremely confident in the game, recently stating that they want Monster Hunter 4 to break historic video game sales records. Although previous installments originated on Sony consoles, Monster Hunter 4 is now a 3DS exclusive that will launch in Japan on September 14th.
The latest edition of Japanese gaming publication Famitsu states that Monster Hunter Frontier G will be coming to the Wii U. The game will play the same as the already released Xbox 360 and PC versions, but it will be hosted on different servers. Monster Hunter Frontier G will be a free game on the Wii U eShop and PSN. Alternatively, gamers can purchase a beginners package for 6,090 yen. The monthly fee is 1,600 yen per month. Monster Hunter Frontier G is compatible with the Wii U Pro Controller, but not with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
Thanks, Angelixshadow and Simply G
Yuri, the Associate Online and Community Specialist at Capcom US, has told members of the Capcom Unity forums that the company has no plans to bring the Monster Hunter franchise to the PlayStation Vita. It sounds as though the Monster Hunter series is staying with the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U for the time being. Monster Hunter 4 releases exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS this summer.
“Sorry, we’ve got no plans for a PSVita Monster Hunter at the moment.
As mrk1976 said, however, MH Freedom Unite is up on the PS store.”
Nintendo UK has announced via Twitter that the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U patch will be available to download on the 16th of April. The patch will allow for Off-TV Play on the Wii U GamePad and also cross region online play with the United States. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is available for purchase now, but there have been stock shortages in the United Kingdom.
TT Game’s Wii U exclusive LEGO City: Undercover has slipped from number eight to number twenty-five in this weeks individual formats UK chart. Nintendo 3DS exclusive Luigi’s Mansion 2 isn’t doing too badly though as the game is sitting proudly on the number five-spot. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is currently nowhere to be seen. This is presumably down to the stock shortages which Nintendo Europe president Satoru Shibata apologised for late last week. Here’s the full UK individual formats charts.