Nintendo of America confirmed yesterday in a Nintendo Direct presentation that it has joined forces with SEGA to bring Sonic Lost World exclusively to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Sonic Stadium claims that SEGA leaked the Sonic Lost World announcement early yesterday morning, before the Nintendo Direct took place. The company apparently showcased three teaser images and the promise of more details on May 29th. SEGA has also apparently said that the unexpected partnership is for the next three Sonic games. Here’s what was supposedly said on the official Sonic Facebook page.
- The sonic Facebook page just leaked a picture of the lost world, six “guardians”,
- And the announcement that sega and Nintendo are forming an “exclusive partnership” for three games.
- The Facebook page accidentally leaked 3 pictures of the game with important information:
- Full details will be announced on the 29th.
- The lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.
- The game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.
- Most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.
- These photos should still be accessible, they’re just not in posts but rather in the picture gallery itself.
- At this point I consider the Sonic Excursion rumor to have no credibility.
We all love a good rumour, and Ubisoft Montpellier could be teasing a big one. The developer of the first-person survival horror game ZombiU is potentially working on a sequel to the successful Wii U title, but it’s still all hush-hush.
A member on the gaming forum NeoGaf spotted a tweet sent out by a fan to Ubisoft’s creative director Jean-Philippe Caro asking whether a sequel would ever be released. Caro replied with the following:
“Thank you for your interest in zombiu. The team is working hard on a prototype. it´s too soon to tell you more.”
In addition to this, Caro had a Twitter conversation with a fan over a possible sequel, saying it would be great if it could happen:
“It would indeed. *says no more*”
When developing ZombiU last year, Ubisoft Montpellier said they had a few ideas in the pipeline for a ZombiU sequel, giving even more relevance to this rumour. Would you like to see a sequel of the horror title? Let us know in the comments below.
With E3 fast approaching it’s about time we had some juicy rumours. These rumours stem from an IGN member by the name of 100 Year Old Gamer. The forum user claims to work at Nintendo, though these claims have yet to be verified. However, it should be noted that he or she has previously written things that have turned out to be true. Here’s some of the information 100 Year Old Gamer has provided. Take it with a grain of salt.
- Nintendo will air three to five Nintendo Directs before and around E3, starting on May 30
- 3D Mario will be “huge, bigger than any Mario game to date” and looks “unlike anything you’ve ever seen”
- Retro’s new game will be first person, futuristic, and something everyone wants them to do
- When asked if “a certain Super Saiyan” would join Smash Bros (since Namco is involved), he said it “hasn’t been decided yet, but there is a chance”
A rumour has begun circulating the internet that suggests that Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World are due to be remastered in HD and will be coming to the PlayStation 3. Tales of Symphonia originally launched on the Gamecube back in 2003 and was met by glowing reviews and healthy sales figures. Namco Bandai recently confessed that Tales of Symphonia was the most popular Tales game to be released in the West. The HD remastered version of the JRPG is thought to be one of the games due to be revealed at this year’s Tales Festival.
A rumour is currently circulating the internet which suggests that the recent Wii U system update has actually increased the console’s GPU and CPU speed. This latest rumour comes from a poster on a fairly unknown site called TV Tropes. He claims that the clock speeds have been increased, but sadly he hasn’t cited any sort of source or provided any evidence. You can read his assessment, below.
CPU: IBM PowerPC 7xx-based tri-core processor “Espresso” clocked at 1.24 GHz before the 3.0.0 update, 3.24 GHz after the 3.0.0 update. This is an evolution to the Broadway chip used in the Wii, is 64 bit and uses Power6 technote When IBM has said that Nintendo has licensed the Power7 tech from IBM, Nintendo is not using it for the Wii U, explaining its backwards compatibility.
GPU: AMD Radeon High Definition processor codenamed “Latte” with an eDRAM cache built onto the die clocked at 550 MHz before the 3.0.0 update, 800 MHz after the 3.0.0 update.
A 4Chan user claims that publisher Take-Two Interactive has no plans to release Grand Theft Auto V, or any of its mature-rated games on Wii U. The user also claims that 2K Sports will not bring a WWE game to Wii U. Although rumors from 4Chan should be taken with a grain of salt, keep in mind that Grand Theft Auto V has not yet been announced for Wii U, and WWE ’13 skipped the Wii U last year.
Here is the entire quote taken from GoNintendo, before the 4Chan post went down:
There’s no plans to ever bring a WWE game to the Wii U anytime in the distant future. I know this information because a 3D Animator on the project. I am working directly with people like Jeff Godfrey who is the art director on the project. Visual Concepts and 2K Sports is working with Yukes on the project.
You may remember that Wii U never received WWE ’13 at launch while 360/PS3 did. Yukes has no interest in Wii U when they were working with THQ, and they still don’t now that they’re working with 2K Sports.
Also word around the offices is that Take Two and Rockstar have no plans to bring Grand Theft Auto or any of Rockstar’s major M rated games to the Wii U.
Fancy trying to tackle the successful indie PC game Don’t Starve on your Nintendo 3DS? Well, recent rumblings on Twitter has suggested that Jamie Cheng, founder of Klei Development who brought the game to PC, would love to take it down the route of handheld consoles – including your 3DS.
A fan of the wilderness survival game asked Jamie Cheng whether he would ever consider bringing it to the 3DS or PlayStation Vita, to which he replied in short and sweet terms:
We’d love to, but no concrete plans yet!
Although he may have been referring to both handhelds, the idea is an interesting one. Would you like to eat a hearty stew from your crockpot in Don’t Starve on the Nintendo 3DS? Let us know your thoughts below.
Wolfenstein: A New Order was announced earlier today for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and next generation consoles. Polygon writer, Brian Crescente asked Bethesda’s Pete Hines whether there is any chance the first person shooter could come to Wii U. Hines replied by saying that they intentionally aren’t being specific on what platforms “next-gen” covers. Would you purchase Wolfenstein: A New Order if it was announced for Wii U?
We (intentionally) aren’t being specific on what platforms “next-gen” covers. Stay tuned.
Thanks, Mike S
The Japan Times is reporting that Nintendo is trying to modify the Wii U so that smartphone applications can run on it. The publication says that Nintendo has offered professional-use conversion software to application developers so that they can get their applications playable on the console. The company hopes that this will provide a sales boost for the struggling console, as it will lead to an increase in popular titles. Sources also state that Nintendo will also focus on developing new applications internally.
Online gaming publication Siliconera has spotted that development studio Level 5 has registered a trio of trademarks recently. The trademarks that were registered are Wonderflick, Rare Drop Adventurer Note, and Earth Devastating B-rank Girlfriend. Siliconera firmly believes that these are games that will be included in the inevitable Guild 03. So far, none of these games have been announced. Hopefully all will be revealed soon.