It seems fairly obvious that we will eventually be getting some sort of downloadable content for Super Smash Bros in the near future and to back this up it appears as though NeoGAF member PushDustin has found some hidden code in the brawler. Here’s the proof that the game has code to load character and stage DLC:
- ui/script/lib ui/replace/field
- ui/replace ui/replace/image
- ui/replace/profile ui/replace/figure
And here’s info that a downloadable content store will appear
SMASHOnlineSmash RunGames & MoreChallengeWii UStreetPassTest your skills in classic Smash! Challenge the CPU or nearby players.Connect to the Internet, and test your skills against your friends and the world!Collect boosts in a vast labyrinth to prepare for an epic final battle!Solo and group games, plus Training, custom fighters, the Vault, and more!Take on challenges and win prizes!Connect to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.A StreetSmash of epic proportions! Defeat your rivals and win prizes! ChallengesNotificationsShop
And here’s the conclusion PushDustin came to about the discovery.
The game uses pictures (EFF and BCO for Japanese and English) to animate “A Challenger Appears” on the top screen, so since there is a text version in the dump, either characters are unlocked through connecting to the Wii U, or it will display the text when a character is purchased through the store. Even though I hate to admit it, it’s most likely connected to the Wii U menu as there is no other text for the store (it’ll probably connect to the E-Shop, or download the page from the Internet). However, there are no additional characters files in the game which severely hurts the chances of this being the case (as the 3DS would have to download quite a bit of data from the Wii U in order to utilize the character).
The 3DS can be used as a controller in 8 player Smash for the Wii U, based on the pictures with the file names: 29CE and 279A (Essentially: the 1-8 Player Icons, and numbers with pictures of 8 fighters). Files with CFC13 are the menu pictures (posted above).
With the impending release of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire just around the corner it appears as though the leaks have started coming through. The information posted below should be taken with a grain of salt at the moment, but it does sound plausible.
- The demo is coming to America
- Mega Lunatone and Solrock with feature in the demo, and you receive one Megastone depending on the demo you get
- Mega Flygon and Jirachi are programmed in
- There are lots more megas that the leaker can not confirm just yet as they don’t know 100%
- New Trick House is amazing
- Mega Milotic is a high-chance, with Water/Fairy and increased SpDef
- Shiftry, Ludicolo, Butterfree, Zangoose, Seviper, some more gen 5, Raticate, Torkoal, Slaking, Exploud, Tropius, Azumarill, Ninetales and Mightyena were all talked about as possible Megas sometime during development and may be in
- Luxray, Arcanine, Farfetch’d, Dragonite, Eelekross, Luvdisc, Linoone, Cincinno, Steelix, Raichu, Politoed, Gliscor, Weavile, Rotom, Bisharp and Walrein Megas have not been really discussed that the leaker has heard of
- Items (including Lunatone/Solrock megastone) will transfer to ORAS from Demo
- Johto starters back, but some people say they have megas and some don’t
- Character customization back in Pokecentres. Pokecentre in CoroCoro was the Elite Four one possibly.
- Skintone back
- More diverse encounters, so more like XY variety
- Battle Frontier possibly back
- Groudon/Kyogre still version exclusive atm
- Contests revamped and very “beautiful”
- Contests staying a secret, apparently will be very surprising and amazing
- Canada will get demos
- Pentagon currently stands for all Gen 6 Pokemon now, not just Kalos born
- MOVE TUTORS BACK
- A lot more post-game
- Gym Leaders will get roster changes from their RSE counterparts
- No new double megas like Mewtwo/Charizard at this stage
Twitter user David has posted more evidence that both Super Smash Bros on the Wii U and the Amiibo figures will be arriving with us on November 21st. The release date for Super Smash Bros on Wii U and the Amiibo’s are listed in the catalogue, which you can see above.
GameFly, the popular video game rental service, has changed Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker release date from late 2014 to March 2015 in North America. The rental chain has a decent track record of being correct in the past. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker has been officially delayed in Europe and won’t be coming until 2015.
A user of the Smash Boards has discovered that additional stage downloadable content could be coming to the Nintendo 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. The content was found within the Super Smash Bros Nintendo 3DS ROM dump. Here’s the details that the user has found thus far.
The following text appears in the Smash Rom Dump:
Set the stages that won’t appear, even when selection is set to random.
Turn all stages off.
Make all stages available when using random stage selection.
See stages you have downloaded.
See all regular stages.
Select OFF to exclude this stage from random stage selection.
Select ON to include this stage in random stage selection.
It matches the stage selection in additional rules perfectly.
Also note the notice the missing square, just like in the stage selection screen. That’s where you can select the DLC.
Thanks to those who sent this in.
IGN reader Jorgejjvr has posted that popular US video game retailer GameStop will be holding a midnight release for the forthcoming Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS. This hasn’t been officially confirmed by the company, but hopefully we will hear something soon. Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS will launch on October 3rd, but the midnight release will take place on the 2nd.
This news is from my local gamestop, they told me that they received an email that they will have a midnight release on October 2nd for the game, get hyped!!
An advert appeared on French Nintendo site P-Nintendo which seemingly advertised Super Smash Bros Wii U with a release date of November 21st. Nintendo France says that this was a mistake, but it seems to correspond with previous rumours which suggest that Super Smash Bros Wii U will be coming to the US on the 21st.