A rumour is currently doing the rounds on the internet that suggests that a certain graphically demanding PlayStation 4 game is currently in development for the Nintendo NX platform. This shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise as no doubt when the platform does launch there should be a number of ports much like there was when the Wii U launched in 2012. What’s also interesting is that the rumour also states that key partners (both third party and second party) have NX development kits.
- Nintendo has key partners they are working with that already have Dev Kits (Second & Third party)
- The Development Studio he works for is currently working on a graphically demanding PlayStation 4 game that they would like to have the opportunity to port to the NX.
- The Studio does not have Dev Kit’s themselves yet and have not been informed of the specs, however the graphical performance of the NX is of great interest to them due to their current project.
- The Developer and Studio he works for has been informed of the date/time frame they are allowed to start ordering NX dev kits, but they are under a strict NDA not to reveal this time frame until Nintendo has officially revealed the NX to the public.
- The Developer did say that Nintendo is screening early Dev Kit access before the public developer date to order, but the process is extremely complex with a lot of paperwork to complete by both sides before having the chance of being approved. Most likely the paperwork has a lot to do with a multifaceted NDA for early access.
- When NDA’s on the NX are less binding and when his studio gets the NX Dev Kit soon or in the future, he will inform me of more details on what the Dev Kit is like (specs etc) if he is able.
- NX is most likely to be released this year at the end of 2016 based on the time-frame he was given (NDA) of when dev kits are planning on being distributed to developers besides the key partners to Nintendo that already have them. However, he said that ultimately as with any company it’s up to Nintendo to follow through and release the NX during this time frame.
Source / Via
Investigative sleuth Emily Rogers has possibly teased a North American release for Mother 3. She tweeted the image that can be seen above with the hashtag 2016 and also apparently wrote the following tweet and has since deleted it “One last thing before I vanish: Don’t be surprised if Nintendo celebrates a game’s 10th anniversary this year…Just some food for thought.” Rogers has been known to be privy to insider information at Nintendo so we can only hope that this information is legitimate.
Update: Liam Robertson has tweeted that he had heard that Mother 3 was in the final stages of localisation at Nintendo Europe a short while back which further adds to this particular rumour.
Source / Via
Impressive data miner NWPlayer1234 has tweeted that we could possibly be seeing Squid Sisters amiibo figures. The information was obtained from data within the game’s code and would make sense given the popularity of Splatoon and its characters.
Dr. Serkan Toto, who is an analyst and consultant in Japan, is reporting on Twitter that Bandai Namco have a variety of games in development for the upcoming Nintendo NX platform. Toto even goes as far as to say that there’s a Super Smash Bros game planned for the system’s launch. It seems unlikely that it would be a brand new Super Smash Bros game but maybe an enhanced port with all the DLC included. Who knows?
A number of you have sent in a message reporting to be from a customer service representative at Nintendo of America stating that the petting mini game in Fire Emblem Fates is still up for discussion and that the team haven’t decided whether to remove it. This goes against what online publication Kotaku said earlier this week. The interesting thing is the message seems to originate from GameFAQS. So take that as you will.
Thanks, N-Dub Nation, MasterPikachu6, and RetroGamingLord
U.S. research firm IHS Inc is confident that Nintendo will release the NX hand-held game device later this year. This will be the successor to the Nintendo 3DS which has proved a hit in Japan and in the US and Europe. IHS Technology senior principal analyst Hiroshi Hayase believes that the device will be a portable instead of a controller with a screen like the Wii U.
“We expect a small recovery in shipments of flat-panel displays for game devices because of Nintendo’s new game hardware expected to be released in 2016.”
“Their expectation is that displays sized between 3.1 – 5 inches wide will increase to 16.5 million units this year, growth from 14.1 million units last year. However, data has shown that OLED displays would remain unused by the market.”
Source / Via
A rumour posted on TiLMENDOMiNATiON’s Twitter page suggests that Monolith Soft are in the process of making a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X for the NX. Tilmen suggests that it would be more story based, and will allow you to transfer your save data from its Wii U predecessor.
At the moment, this is just a rumour, but here’s to hoping it’s true. If it is, more information should come to light in the coming months surrounding this.
Thanks, N-Dub Nation