Nintendo Force writer Emily Rogers has teased on Twitter that there’s a surprise coming to Nintendo 3DS owners tomorrow. Rogers says that after the planned maintenance something exciting should happen, which presumably means that Miiverse will finally be live on the Nintendo 3DS. Miiverse for the Nintendo 3DS has been met with some controversy as it won’t support message exchange between friends, or even friend requests.
Monday night, after the maintenance, will be exciting for 3DS owners. I’m not allowed to say why, but I’m sure you can figure it out.
US retailer GameStop has updated its database and has listed the forthcoming Super Smash Bros title for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS with a possible release date of April 8th 2014. Nintendo has yet to confirm a release date for the highly anticipated title, but we may see some footage at this year’s VGX Awards in December.
Thanks, Nick R
Tekken lead producer Katsuhiro Harada has claimed that Masamichi Abe – best known for his work on the Pikmin series – is working on a “Nintendo original title” in reply to a user on Twitter. Users on Twitter immediately erupted thinking this might be a new IP from Nintendo, however, the tweet – at best – is vague and should be taken with a large grain of salt. Even so, speculation is rife, so let us know if you think there’s more to this tweet than meets the eye in the comment section below.
“He is in Nintendo Kyoto now. working on some Nintendo original title RT@2Andrin what happened to Masamichi Abe? Is he retired?” – Katsuhiro Harada via Twitter
Reports continue to come in about the Wii U specifications, even though the console has been out roughly a year. These latest rumours come from a source on NeoGaf who claims that the actual Wii U hardware was downgraded due to overheating development kits. Obviously the current gen has had enough overheating issues with the original Xbox 360 which launched in 2005. Do you think Nintendo played it safe and downgraded the original specifications due to the overheating development kits?
Update: Shin’en says the final dev kit replacements actually ran faster.
Thanks, iceazeama and LordOcidax
Rocksteady, the acclaimed development team behind Batman Arkham City, has begun posting several agency jobs matching text of Rocksteady career openings. The blurb states that the project “has been tipped to be one of the most successful games of 2014.” A report from Variety stated that Rocksteady’s next game is based upon a Silver Age-inspired prequel. The prequel apparently included a number of DC based characters that focused on Batman’s first encounter with the Joker. However, the plot line is similar to the recently released Batman: Arkham Origins. What would you like to see Rocksteady tackle next?
A lucky Imgur user who apparently received Call of Duty: Ghosts early has posted a screen of a new mode in the popular series which is titled, Extinction. Activision hasn’t mentioned this new game mode which is apparently unlocked once users complete the riveting single player mode. The mode is thought to replace the immensely popular Zombie mode which is included in Treyarch’s Call of Duty games. We should find out more once the game launches in nine days time.
Update: Looks as though Activision has confirmed it via Instagram
Thanks, Tom and Senay
The Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma apparently planned to reveal the long-awaited Zelda Wii U to attendees at this year’s Comic Con event in New York, but he decided to scrap the announcement as he didn’t have the time to prepare it. As I’m sure you are all aware Aonuma has been busy promoting the highly anticipated Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, so that’s clearly been his focus for the time being. Aonuma previously stated that we will receive Zelda Wii U information at E3 2014 in Los Angeles.
So my final question, are you already preparing a new announcement for the next E3, in 2014? Maybe a Zelda for the Wii U? How about this?
“Actually I wanted to prepare something for my visits in Germany and New York, that I can announce. But I was so busy preparing my presentation of A Link between Worlds, that I can’t show you anything “new” today. But you can enjoy my next announcement. As soon as I am back at my office I will start preparing something new that I can show.”
NeoGaf user Marc O is reporting that French store Carrefour will be stocking the New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U Wii U hardware and software bundle on November 8th. The bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U is set to retail for €279. The package was first spotted by a Twitter user in a toy catalogue from Irish store, Smyths.
Pack is legit, it’s confirmed for a November 8 release at Carrefour in french stores:
Pack WiiU 32Go New Super Mario Bros. U + Luigi U: 279€
There are also 2 new packs in Toy’s R Us:
Mango Pack - 249€ 12/4
Cherry Pack - 299€. 11/27 Probably with Mario 3D World
Tsunekazu Ishihara, the president of the Pokémon Company, will apparently showcase an unprecedented Pokemon game which apparently begun development this summer. The game is said to change Pikachu, and Ishihara is ultimately worried that this change will affect Pikachu’s popularity. Japanese fans have already begun speculating that the change may be Mega Pikachu. Speculation is also rife that the game in question will be compatible with Pokemon X & Y, and Pikachu’s change could be carried over to these games.
VG Leaks is reporting that Sega is preparing a brand new Sonic title for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and the Wii U. According to their source the game will be called Sonic Thunderstorm or Sonic Blue Thunder and should be announced in May 1st of 2014. This information should be treated one hundred percent as a rumour at present. Here’s the details.
- A new hedgehog character will be named Static the Hedgehog.
- A new hedgehog will be a teenage clone of Sonic.
- Knuckles, Rouge and Eggman will have teenage clones, like Sonic. Knuckles’ teenage clone will be male and be named Slash the Echidna.
- Rouge’s teenage clone will be female and be named Debra the Bat.
- Dr Eggman’s teenage clone will be male and be named Eggman.Jr.
- Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge’s teenage clones will have robot partners.
- Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Static will be playable.
- Tails, Knuckles, Rogue, Omega, Blaze, Amy, Slash and Debra will also be playable.
- Dr.Eggman, Eggman Jr, Cream, Team Chaotix and Marine will be non-playable.
- Static, Slash and Debra will be inspired by Super Sentai.
- Characters will return, including Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big, Shadow, Rouge, E-123 Omega, Cream, Team Chaotix, Blaze, Silver and Marine
- This game will feature 29 levels, objects, a return of old small animals and Chaos Drives with new animals, also the return of Chao Garden.
- This gameplay will change characters like in Sonic Heroes.
- Hedgehog Engine will return to work on this game like it worked on Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations.
- This game will be similar to Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations and Sonic Lost World.
- Color Powers will not return in this game, except Orbot and Cubot with a new female counterpart.
- Static’s robot partner will be a wolf-type with a motorcycle form.
- Slash’s robot partner will be a bear-type with a selfish mood.
- Debra’s robot partner will be a kitten-type with smarts.
- Static the Hedgehog’s element will be Lightning.
- Slash the Echidna’s element will be Earth.
- Debra the Bat’s element will be Love.
- Eggman Jr will be the main antagonist while Dr. Eggman will be a secondary antagonist.
- Chaos Emeralds will return.
- A new Chao Garden will have past gardens and new gardens.
- Black Market will return, also past fruits and masks and colorful Chao eggs from SA2B and SADX.
- Static, Slash and Debra’s levels will be inspired by Sonic the Werehog’s levels, also they will have gadgets.
- This game will be inspired by Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 2006.
- This game will set to release next year.
- This game will follow 4 story modes.
- Wi-fi will transfer Chao data.
- Tiny Chao Garden will be DLC and will be on PSVITA And 3DS.