More information regarding Square Enix’s remake of Dragon Quest VII has appeared online. Dragon Quest VII originally appeared on the original PlayStation in 2000 and was developed by Heartbeat and ArtePiazza, and published by Square Enix. The Dragon Quest VII remake is due for release exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS on February 7th in Japan.
- Confirmation (if it wasn’t already clear) that appearance changes w/class changes
- Appearance also changes immediately for monster classes, not just upon mastery like in the PSX version
- Job levels will go up more quickly
- Spells/skills for upper division jobs are only usable when in that class, giving the endgame a bit more balance
- Overall simplification and rebalancing of which classes get which skills, including . . .
- Elimination of job history/hybrid skill system (i.e. You won’t have to/be able to get skills like Sword Dance by switching from Soldier–>Dancer.)