Nintendo of America confirmed yesterday in a Nintendo Direct presentation that it has joined forces with SEGA to bring Sonic Lost World exclusively to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Sonic Stadium claims that SEGA leaked the Sonic Lost World announcement early yesterday morning, before the Nintendo Direct took place. The company apparently showcased three teaser images and the promise of more details on May 29th. SEGA has also apparently said that the unexpected partnership is for the next three Sonic games. Here’s what was supposedly said on the official Sonic Facebook page.
- The sonic Facebook page just leaked a picture of the lost world, six “guardians”,
- And the announcement that sega and Nintendo are forming an “exclusive partnership” for three games.
- The Facebook page accidentally leaked 3 pictures of the game with important information:
- Full details will be announced on the 29th.
- The lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.
- The game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.
- Most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.
- These photos should still be accessible, they’re just not in posts but rather in the picture gallery itself.
- At this point I consider the Sonic Excursion rumor to have no credibility.