If you are a Sonic fan then you will be relieved to know that the upcoming Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice is set to play more like classic Sonic games than its predecessor. There were a lot of surprised people when we found out just before E3 that Sanzaru were developing a new entry in the Sonic Boom series. However, we’ve been assured at this year’s E3 event that Sanzaru is listening to fan criticism and are trying to make this feel like the classic Sonic games we have had in the past.
- Developer Sanzaru is listening to fan criticism.
- Studied the map layouts of past 2D sonic titles especially Sonic Rush and the Genesis games.
- Controls have also been revamped to feel like Classic Sonic.
- Not necessary to gain collectibles to move forward through the game
- 5 playable characters (Amy now playable)
- Folks at Sanzaru would love to make another Sly Cooper.