This week’s Japanese sales charts are now in from Media Create. There’s a few notable new entries this week including the attractive Yoshi’s Woolly World for the Wii U. The cute video game made its debut at number three, but did little to boost Wii U hardware sales in the country. The Wii U shifted 11.028 units and the Nintendo 3DS models combined sold 26.971. Here’s the best-selling games and hardware this week.
- [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad (Nintendo, 07/11/15) – 220,998 (914,536)
- [PS4] Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros., 07/16/15) – 48,802 (New)
- [Wii U] Yoshi’s Woolly World (Nintendo, 07/16/15) – 31,158 (New)
- [3DS] The Great Ace Attorney (Capcom, 07/09/15) – 23,917 (159,607)
- [Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 22,557 (430,869)
- [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest (Nintendo, 06/25/15) – 18,499 (363,752)
- [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo, 06/11/15) – 17,650 (343,493)
- [PSV] Taiko Drum Master: V Version (Bandai Namco, 07/09/15) – 12,581 (58,681)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SCE, 03/19/15) – 9,878 (253,306)
- [PS4] Godzilla (Bandai Namco, 07/16/15) – 7,729 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 6,995 (1,067,437)
- [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon, 11/21/14) – 5,357 (2,663,019)
- [3DS] Chou Tousouchuu Atsumare! Saikyou no Tousou Monotachi (Bandai Namco, 07/09/15) – 4,948 (18,520)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 4,740 (4,001,701)
- [PSV] I DOLL U (Idea Factory, 07/16/15) – 3,615 (New)
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden (Bandai Namco, 06/11/15) – 3,094 (113,181)
- [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Spike Chunsoft, 05/21/15) – 2,919 (131,333)
- [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 09/13/14) – 2,740 (2,259,067)
- [3DS] Girls Mode 3: Kira Kira Code (Nintendo, 04/16/15) – 2,714 (167,149)
- [PS4] Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (Capcom, 06/18/15) – 2,445 (52,462)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- PlayStation 4 – 24,266 (15,779)
- New 3DS LL – 19,432 (21,069)
- PlayStation Vita – 13,190 (13,632)
- Wii U – 11,028 (10,789)
- New 3DS – 5,437 (5,551)
- PlayStation 3 – 2,947 (2,979)
- 3DS – 1,376 (1,184)
- 3DS LL – 726 (899)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 618 (613)
- Xbox One – 242 (149)
It’s so crazy how Mario Kart 8 is still selling
Anonymous i know right its kind crazy how super smash bros for wii u and 3ds is at Number 18 i would wish smash could sell more but that’s Because everybody is playing super smash bros melee.
I expected better than that for Yoshi’s Woolly World. It barely gave a rise in sales. When you contrast that to Batman: Arkham Knight and the jump in sales for PS4.
I know there are Yoshi fans, I’m glad they are happy wherever they are, however Nintendo may want to consider making a game their fans want, and stop doing whatever they damn-well please.
Do the fans really know what they want? That’s a broad set of people with different wants.
Yeah, I look at that Yoshi game and only see software sales, I don’t see it selling hardware.
Rest in peace wiiu…when it’s making sales in a country hard to make sales in?
>>>Rot in Pieces Daddy Long Dick 22 July 2015>>>
You forgot the lame #
>>>The important thing is that it’s rotting away>>>
What systems u own? U only own Nintendo consoles? U seem to hate Sony so much. And Xbox. Just sayin’
>>>PC, I don’t need inferior PC wannabes>>>
and in the wrong spot… not as lame as >>>> though
(Implying that Japanese diehard Nintendo fans can’t get over the passing of Iwata so the result is meh debut for YWW and decrease in 3DS hardware sales but slight increase in sales of three older first-party Nintendo games)
Die hard Nintendo fans most already have their consoles.
nice to see Mario Kart 8 on the japanese charts :)
Another week where vita out did the wiiu. Vita is a flop, so what does that say about wiiu, it beat vita
There is no stopping Nintendo in Japan. The 3DS Emperor Supreme. Good for the PS4, having a home console in the second slot is a welcome thing always. Logical people shall see and agree with this.
Vita did not out do the Wii U in world wide sales. In Japan Vita is not a flop. Your entire post is inaccurate.
Vita has still outsold the wii u internationally. Unsure if you are talking about solely on this week but lifetime sales vita is still leading the wii u.
I cannot believe animal crossing has sold 4 million copies in Japan alone. Thats more than pokemon…
it does not a lot but this year the wii U doing 50% better than last year. There may be a hope that nintendo as a hole do not give up on the wii U just yet. I don’t think the NX will be out before November 2017 anyway. And 2016 looks like they will be no game (hence why Zelda has been push back)
The Wii U sales looks like they got a BIG boost from the last time. Yet it talks like it didn’t.
If Wii U was powerful, Nintendo wouldn’t even had to bring up the NX. Just shows how dumb they were to release a console slightly more powerful than PS3.