Miitomo Tops One Million Users In 3 Days

We have already heard that Miitomo has been a resounding success in Japan, even overthrowing the mighty LINE messaging application to become the number one app on the Japanese App Store. The official Japanese Miitomo Twitter account has confirmed that the social application has topped one million downloads in just three days. That’s certainly not bad going for Nintendo’s first foray into smartphone gaming.

Bing Translate: Miitomo (meet MO) customer has exceeded 1 million people in 3 days! I also am alarmed in early. Thank you very much! Miitomo is more interesting by engaging with lots of friends, so continue to enjoy.

Source / Via

1. Recko says:

Good job! But I doubt if the same success can be achieved in US and Europe.

2. moihaha13 says:

It might be that a lot of people just try it out to see what it is all about since it is a free download. I would like to know how many of those actually would buy Miitomo or even like Miitomo.

3. Deepsouth says:

“I also am alarmed in early”?? What is that supposed to mean.

1. sickr says:

That’s Bing translate for you. Not 100% accurate!

2. holonboy says:

It means Bing Translate is actual a thing and there’s a reason why most people typically use Google Translate… Y’know, the service that has already had countless years of service and feedback in making better translations….

1. ninjadude99 says:

The Google Translate version isn’t much better, to say the least:

“Guest Miitomo (Mitomo), has surpassed 100 million people in three days! I also I am surprised at the early things. Thank you! !
        Since Miitomo will be more interesting in to connect with a lot of friend, please enjoy continued.”

Breaking it down, Google seems to be able to get the bracketed word correctly, but Bing seemed to be a little better structured in its wording (especially the last sentence). On top of that, Google did something weird in the beginning that it shouldn’t have done by putting in “Guess” in front (which it shouldn’t have done).

Source: https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/Miitomo(ミートモ)のお客様が、3日で100万人を突破しました!早々のことで私も驚いております%E3%80%82ご利用ありがとうございます!!Miitomoはたくさんのトモダチとつながることで更に面白くなりますので、引き続きお楽しみください%E3%80%82

In any case, I’ve sent feedback to Google and hopefully they’ve fixed that translation.

4. I’m I the only person that is tired of seeing Mii’s ??
    I mean that shit was played out a long time ago..
    It should of been put along with the oldies but goodies that were playing Wii Sports bowling back in 2009 at Serenity Retirement home… Buried..

1. Greg Warner says:

I personally like them.

I don’t always use them or need them, but I think they have a certain charm to them. It’s the kind of thing I would expect from Nintendo.

2. Thank you!!! >:D
      Miis annoy the shit out of me. It bugs me way too much when they have that stupid wide eyed expression or their eyes rotate almost sideways to try and make them look mad. They just seem half assed to me >_>

1. Exactly! I mean they were unique and served their purpose during the time of the Wii heyday but they are just annoying to look at now. Nintendo should really move on from them. Hopefully NX will usher in that era…

1. brucelee312 says:

Yeah miis are last gen and are dog shit

2. But now Miis are tied into our profiles, and chances are they’ll never do away with them.

Same with xbox and their avatars. You don’t have to like them, they’ll still be there.

What Nintendo should do with the Miis though, is update the features. I was hoping Miitomo would add new features so then they wouldn’t all feel so dated.

3. King Kalas X3 says:

If not get rid of them, they could at least update the damn things. The choices for hair color, for example, are all bland ass colors. I want some damn pink or gold hair options, damn it!

3. Deepsouth says:

No, your not alone. Nintendo just can’t let go of the success they had with the original Wii. The Mii’s were fun……. in 2006. They are outdated looking and just frankly annoying now. I hate Mii’s and hope they all burn in hell. But honestly, they need to let go of everything from the Wii era already. It’s like a clingy ex that just can’t seem to move on. It’s over, time to find something new…lol

5. King Kalas X3 says:

If this wasn’t free to play, I doubt it would be doing as well as it does. Just wait til it starts getting more microtransactions down the road, though. The number of users will either go down or it’ll go up because some casuals just have a lot of money to burn.

1. beatz7 says:

IDK about that… Mobile Gamers tend to be dumb about Microtransactions… Especially the younger audience (Age 4-12)…

1. King Kalas X3 says:

Yeah. I don’t know what I was thinking when I said the number of users will go down if it gets even more microtransactions. lol

6. This doesn’t surprise me at all since Tomodachi Life did extremely well in Japan. Though, I don’t know how big a deal this is, since its a Smartphone game that anyone can download… I do want Nintendo to do well in the future, so I hope this does get people on Smartphones interested again.

1. As in the Casuals with just phones and no game consoles interested in Nintendo again :P

1. brucelee312 says:

Exactly Nintendo is shit

2. Deepsouth says:

Honestly Nintendo should be more concerned about getting the core gamer base back instead of winning the casuals back. The casuals are wild and unpredictable. If they continue to ignore the core gaming community they do so at their own peril.

3. King Kalas X3 says:

Unless those casuals cease to be casuals & become more like some of us hardcore/core gamers/whatever term you want to use that honor & respect a franchise’s heart & soul & not try to turn them into cash grabs, I’d rather they stay far, far away from the consoles & handheld. Otherwise, we’ll have a bunch of ignorant people buying crap like Federation Force giving Nintendo the wrong impression that we actually want chibi crap in our Metroid or amiibo Festival where we want nothing but board games of Animal Crossing on consoles instead of a true Animal Crossing experience. Bleh… Yep. Federation Force & amiibo Festival are/were nothing but big fat cash grabs. Nothing more, nothing less.

7. Next Week:
    “Miitomo becomes best-selling video game ever made”

8. Not surprising, a million people wanted to TRY IT. It costs them nothing to download it since it’s a FREE APP. The true test is after a month from now, how many will still be using it.

9. the butthurt is so strong in this thread.

1. brucelee312 says:

Nope this is shit that is all

10. I want to know much money was spent on this game.

0 cents?
    $1,000?
    $10,000?

If more then this, will be shocked!

1. Deepsouth says:

LoL, it was more than 10k I assure you. However, these are all reused assets from Tomodachi Life, so I’m sure it was rather cheap to develop.

11. noahth says:

I’m still not even sure why this garbage exists.

12. yeah 1 million but how much money did Nintendo making??? if it was £1/ 1€/160 yens then I would understand the excitment

13. * if it was 160 yens per downloads then I would understand excitement but I don’t think that the case

14. So one thing it looks like no one here really understands is that Japanese culture is very big on both mobile apps and social-specific apps. Therefore, Miitomo stood a very good chance from the beginning. Will it do well in the US or Europe? Maybe moderately, but overall this seems like it was targeted to do well in Japan overall. And it did just that so it looks like Nintendo did well.