Nintendo has today published its Annual Report 2016 which looks at a variety of things including “an overview of the company and its business, key financial data and trends, research and development activities, subsidiaries, risk factors and more.” The data provided is for the fiscal year ended March 31st, 2016.
- Net sales: U.S.$4,464 (millions of dollars)
- Operating income (loss): 290 (millions of dollars)
- Number of employees: 5,064 [633 temporary]
- 3DS global hardware sales: 6.79 million
- Wii U global hardware sales: 3.26 million
- 3DS global software sales: 48.52 million
- Wii U global software sales: 27.36 million
- Single mention of NX: “Nintendo is also devoted to the development of a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept, which will be launched in March 2017 globally.
- Reginald Fils-Aime and Satoru Shibata are now Executive Officers of Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe respectively