In Singapore and Hong Kong it’s believed (by user ‘redartedreddit’ on Reddit) that the only way to purchase a Nintendo Switch at launch is if you buy Zelda: Breath Of The Wild and 1-2-Switch as well. This information is coming from a person who lives in Hong Kong and here’s a quick rundown of his observations from his (rather angry) post:
- customers in Singapore/Hong Kong are forced to get the Switch as a bundle
- bundle includes a Switch, Zelda: Breath of the Wild and 1-2 Switch
- no word on pricing yet
- the order to sell the Switch like this has come from Nintendo themselves
- if customers preordered before this bundle mandate came down, they still have to get both games
- if the bundle option isn’t taken, money is refunded and preorder is cancelled
You can view his full post here.