The team over at Niantic understand that some people might be finding it too cold to go outside and catch Pokémon so they have devised a solution. They will be adding new PokéStops and Gyms across 58 shopping and destination centers in 10 European countries thanks to their partnership with Unibail-Rodamco. This all begins on February 18th.
“Between 10 – 15 new PokéStops and Gyms will be added to public spaces, social hubs, and public art at each of the destination centers. Trainers will not only be able to keep warm in the cold winter months while playing Pokémon GO, but also add a fun, social, and dynamic addition to their shopping experience.
We recognize and appreciate their leadership in developing unique and innovative social hubs that promote a friendly atmosphere and a sense of community. Because of this, Unibail-Rodamco, Europe’s largest listed commercial property company, is a particularly fitting partnership for Pokémon GO.
To celebrate this partnership, on February 18th Unibail-Rodamco will be hosting Pokémon GO events at 20 locations throughout Europe. These events will have include a contest to find Pokémon around each location, lures which will be active the whole day at each location and other events. You won’t want to miss this! The following is a list of the 20 locations that will be participating:”
- Vienna, Austria—Donau Zentrum
- Prague, Czech Republic—Centrum Černý Most
- Copenhagen, Denmark—Fisketorvet
- Paris, France—Les 4 Temps I Forum des Halles I Velizy 2 I Aeroville
- Lyon, France—La Part-Dieu
- Nice, France—Polygone Riviera
- Lille, France—Euralille
- Berlin, Germany—Gropius Passagen
- Munich, Germany—Pasing Arcaden
- Oberhausen, Germany—CentrO
- Leipzig, Germany—Höfe am Brühl
- Warsaw, Poland—Arkadia
- Barcelona, Spain—La Maquinista
- Madrid, Spain—Parquesur
- Valencia, Spain—Bonaire
- Stockholm, Sweden—Mall of Scandinavia
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands—Stadshart Amstelveen