Video: Framerate Comparison After Breath Of The Wild Update

Breath of the Wild is undeniably a critically acclaimed game, but many players are frustrated with its framerate drops. However, the 1.1.1 update for the game seems to have solved some of these issues. While not perfect, there is a notable difference between the two versions. Check out ElAnalistaDeBits‘ video below.

1. Mike S says:

Dat Nintendo polish. This is the worst thing that exists in BotW on a technical level. Compare this to other efforts that came out borderline broken and absolutely riddled with bugs.

1. Mike S says:

*Open world efforts.

2. Jaded_Drybones says:

I’m not really sure where these framerate drops are coming from. I’m playing the Digital, WiiU version, and I haven’t seen them at this location and very rarely see them at all. I can’t imagine I’ll be able to notice any at all after the update.

1. n8lewinski says:

I barely notice anything… playing with the disc, but for the most part the only drops or slow down occur with a lot of enemies or water or first coming into a town, but even then, it doesn’t happen every time. Only reason I am noticing is because of the focus it has gotten

1. Jaded_Drybones says:

Exactly. Same situation with me.

1. Luigi says:

I compared the Wii U version to the switch version and it doesn’t necessarily “drop” a lot in the Wii U version, but it does look a lot more smooth on the switch. I only notice it happen on the switch noticeably in a few small places but it feels like it happens a lot more frequently on the Wii u

1. Jaded_Drybones says:

Guess I don’t know what I’m missing. :)

1. Luigi says:

Sometimes ignorance is bliss! Haha.

3. psg82 says:

No doubt much better :) awesome

1. psg82 says:

Damn it autocorrect…I meant So much better

4. megamandied says:

The Korok Forest was absolutely the worst when it came to frame drops. Glad to see they’re still polishing it. Would be amazing if they eventually fix the frame drops completely.

5. Mist finer says:

glad to see they fixed the forest, it was such a bummer to discover such a beautiful place with that frame rate

6. If there’s one thing I get sick of hearing people talk about (in almost every game review etc.), it’s framerate issues. I have never once noticed anything that people complains about. If I’m not noticing, then it must not be a problem.