Cars 3: Driven To Win looks like it’s shaping up to be a solid racer if the new gameplay trailer is anything to go by. This title may be worth checking out as the gameplay seems to look solid, fun and pretty fast-paced. The stunts performed and some of the gameplay looks awfully similar to Excite Truck on Wii (of which this writer was a huge fan of!).
It’s worth noting that although the game is being released on the Wii U as well as on the Nintendo Switch, the Wii U version won’t include the 4-player co-op mode as shown briefly in the trailer.
Check it out for yourself below:
Here are some details for the title, obtained via a press release:
6 Thrilling Game Modes:
- Race: Players can hop onto the tracks and race against Lightning McQueen and the gang to rev up for the ultimate challenge.
- Stunt Showcase: Players can race off of ramps to catch air and perform as many tricks as possible before time runs out, earning points for successful tricks and safe landings.
- Best Lap Challenge: Players can race against their own best time, as they attempt to set a new track record.
- Playground: An area where players can go racing, perform stunts and engage in challenges, or simply drive around for fun at their own pace. There are no rules!
- Takedown: Collect and use a variety of power-ups to eliminate as many crash karts as possible, and when time runs out, the player with the most points wins.
- Battle Race: Players are able to collect and use power-ups, putting their cars to the test in races against family and friends to become the Ultimate Champion.
4 Master-Level Events, versus Mater the Greater, Miss Fritter, Chick Hicks & Jackson Storm.