As part of its 2017 Summer of Play tour, Nintendo is taking its Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family of systems across the country so families everywhere can play the latest Nintendo games like ARMS, Splatoon 2, Hey! PIKMIN and Miitopia. In addition to getting hands-on time with Nintendo’s popular Nintendo Switch console, visitors of the tour will be able to try out Nintendo’s latest handheld, the New Nintendo 2DS XL system. You’re invited to be a part of the tour when it visits Navy Pier from July 7 to July 9.
This stop of the tour will feature a veritable Nintendo playground of fun activities to enjoy. In addition to snapping photos in front of the colorful visuals full of recognizable Nintendo characters like Mario or the Inklings from the Splatoon series, families will be able to play Nintendo games together, choosing from a wide variety of Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games. On top of all the fun and games, My Nintendo members who check in with their My Nintendo QR Code will also be able to receive a free gift item (while supplies last).
Nintendo Switch games scheduled to be appear on the tour include:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, together!
- Splatoon 2
- Pokkén Tournament DX
- Super Bomberman R
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
Nintendo 3DS games scheduled to appear on the tour include:
- Pokémon Sun
- Pokémon Moon
- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
- Hey! PIKMIN
Nintendo fans, kids, families
July 7 – 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
July 8 – 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
July 9 – 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
600 E. Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
(Located in Polk Bros Park Promenade, next to the Fountain at the entry point of the Pier.)
- Colorful eye-catching area in the middle of Navy Pier filled with interactive environments inspired by Nintendo games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2.
- Families playing Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.