Nintendo fans are clambering for information about the next new Smash Bros. game. Nintendo hasn’t let anything slip just yet but a new game is on the horizon that may just quench your Smash Bros. thirst. Brawlout is currently available in early access on Steam but it’s been confirmed that the game will be making its way over to Nintendo Switch later this year. The intriguing platform-fighter is packed with features with Stock, Time or Team Battles available for players to jump in to. A Rage Mode mechanic is also present in Brawlout which lets you take back the flow of the battle, giving you the upper hand when it is needed most when your meter is full.
As well as a robust online offering, 4 players can also get together in local play.
Here are some of the online features:
- A robust Ranked match system, complete with regional leaderboards
- 1v1 casual matches for low-stress competition
- 2-4 player private lobbies where players can practice or mess about to their heart’s content
- The Brawlout Network where players can check their fight stats, match history and replays
- Brawlout TV which allows for live spectating and watching of specific player replays
- Weekly competitive tournaments for those looking to prove their Brawlout skills
Check out the trailer below which includes the reveal of a familiar face. It’s been confirmed that the protagonist from Hyper Light Drifter will be playable.