The team over at Psyonix has announced that the Rocket League Tournament update, which PC owners currently have access to in beta form, will be going live on the Nintendo Switch on April 3rd. The company also detailed other updates and improvements coming to the popular indie title. Here’s everything that’s coming on April 3rd:
Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, has announced that the Tournaments Update for Rocket League will officially go live on April 3 on all platforms (pending first party certifications). Besides the much-anticipated addition of the Tournaments feature, which allows players to create tournaments without leaving the game, the update will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements including Nintendo Switch™ performance and visual quality updates. For a closer look at Tournaments, Psyonix also revealed a brand new Tournaments Inside Lookvideo today.
Other notable content in the Tournaments Update includes:
- Connection Quality Information – New notification icons that will signal the types of online connection issues during online matches to better troubleshoot issues
- Enhanced Garage Options – New item stacking, filtering, searching, and sorting options
- Expanded Team Customization – More shades have been added to the primary color palette for Battle-Cars and players will now have the choice to “Equip to Blue” and “Equip to Orange” for painted car bodies
- Audio Improvements – Crowd audio has been tweaked to better react to saves, goals, and important plays, and the soundtrack will now be available to play during online and offline matches
- Samurai Battle-Car – New Import Battle-Car available as a limited-drop inside the new Triumph Crate