E3 2018 is nearly upon us and it’s around the time when the various companies who will be present at the event reveal their line up for 2018 and beyond. This time it is SEGA and Atlus who have announced which games they will be focussing on at the annual gaming event. There will also presumably be some surprises or two announced but we shall have to wait and see.
The following titles will be playable on the show floor:
- Two new Atlus titles being announced on June 7
- Shining Resonance Refrain (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – With a favorite playable demo on the show floor is Shining Resonance Refrain, which marks the return of the Shining series to the West after a decade. This demo will also be available for everyone at home by the time doors open! The western release of the original Shining Resonance, previously a Japanese exclusive, Shining Resonance Refrain is an action RPG with characters designed by the legendary Tony Taka, including all DLCs and a brand new “Refrain Mode,” unlocking more characters than ever before.
- Team Sonic Racing (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – The Blue Blur is speeding into E3 with never-before-seen content from the recently announced multiplayer racing experience, Team Sonic Racing. Created in partnership with the award-winning studio Sumo Digital, Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing with nostalgic characters and environments from across the Sonic Universe. E3 attendees will be among the first to jump in the driver’s seat and play as Sonic, Shadow, Tails and other fan favorite characters in exhilarating single and multiplayer game modes. And don’t forget to check out the super-chic, limited-edition PUMA X SEGA RS-0 Sonic and Dr. Eggman shoe collaboration which will be on display throughout the show!
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – On to the line-up then with watercolor-style tactical/strategy game Valkyria Chronicles 4. Come by the booth and follow Squad E of the Federation in their fight against the Empire! They’ll ultimately face bone-chilling blizzards, waves of imperial soldiers, and the godlike powers of the Valkyria – featuring larger maps than ever before – and E3 attendees will be able to experience the opening stage of the game.
- Yakuza: Kiwami 2 (PS4) – It’s been a full year since Kazuma Kiryu took his leave from the world of the Yakuza during the events of Yakuza: Kiwami, but he returns in top form with Yakuza: Kiwami 2 as Sega proudly presents one of the most beloved storylines in the franchise’s history, remade in full HD in the Dragon Engine for PlayStation 4. Featuring the return of mini games like Cabaret, a revamped clan creator and the original arcade release of Virtual-On, Kazuma Kiryu will have plenty of leisure activities when he isn’t taking on his fierce rival, the Dragon of Kansai, Ryuji Goda.
“Fret not if you can’t attend the show, because we will bring the show to you! We’ll be streaming throughout E3 on Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook, featuring exclusive content and interviews with the producers behind our diverse line-up. For those in attendance, there will be many more surprises on the booth courtesy of some Sega and Atlus themed giveaways, including swag from titles like Team Sonic Racing, Yakuza: Kiwami 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 4. Follow us on our channels during E3 for more details about these streams and giveaways.
Finally, it’s been a while, but Atlus will finally be debuting some new footage of Catherine: Full Body as part of a new trailer being shown on the show floor. A seductive and mature romantic action-adventure puzzle game from the makers of the Persona series. Catherine: Full Body will include a new love interest, “Rin,” with distinct storyline elements for the character, and additional puzzle content. Vincent’s love life has never been so complicated and dramatic!”
Here’s a couple of comments from Sega of America and Sega of Europe:
Naoto Hiraoka, President and CEO of Atlus U.S.A., Inc. and Senior Vice President of Publishing for Sega of America, Inc
“During the past year, we’ve seen a strong response from fans to key western releases in the Yakuza series and have heard their voices for more Valkyria Chronicles. As part of the wealth of IP owned by Sega, it is our pleasure to bring Yakuza: Kiwami 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 4 to fans at the show. This E3 also represents an important moment for Atlus as it nears its fifth year with Sega, and as part of that, we will have something to announce very soon for the west.”
John Clark, Executive Vice President of Sega Europe
“With Atlus approaching its 5th anniversary as part of the Sega family, we’re delighted to finally have one unified stand at one of the most important gaming events of the year. We’re very excited to be showing the first romanticised Historical title in the Total War series alongside Team Sonic Racing on the very same booth as some of the most awaited western releases of Japanese titles. I have no doubt that everyone will find something to their taste on the Sega / Atlus booth this year.”