To celebrate the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit which launches on 14th September for Nintendo Switch, Nintendo has released an overview video that dives, drives and flies into more detail about this new Nintendo Labo kit. You can watch the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit overview video at the Nintendo Labo YouTube channel.
Similar to other Nintendo Labo kits, there are several fun creations for fans to build – including a Car, Submarine and Plane – along with the following features unveiled in the video:
- A closer look at Adventure mode, one of the included games, in which players explore a mysterious world featuring pyramids, an archaeological dig site, snowy mountains and much more. Players use the Toy-Con Key to seamlessly swap between a car, plane and submarine to explore the deepest depths and highest heights of this world. Interact with a variety of intriguing characters as players explore and complete a variety of missions solo or co-op with a friend.
- Each vehicle has different controls and special moves – players launch a grappling hook from the submarine, do a barrel roll and shoot missiles with the plane, perform wheelies and deploy saw blades or bombs with the car, and more.
- Different included games offer a variety of fun experiences. In Rally, players pass through checkpoints while racing to the goal; Circuit is a racing game with a twist as players can launch punches at opponents; Slot Car is a classic game that is controlled using only the Toy-Con Pedal; and in Battle, racers can participate in one-on-one automotive combat with other players**.
- Paint Studio uses the Toy-Con Spray Can to let players personalise their in-game vehicles as well as the driver, gently shaking it to feel and hear the “ball” inside as they mix up the paint.
- Custom Controls, a new feature for Nintendo Labo exclusive to Vehicle Kit, lets players make their own controllers for the game with common household items. Want to ride a broom to steer the plane? How about drawing button controls on a customised screen protector for when playing in handheld mode? It’s a great way to get started with building unique Toy-Con creations.
- With the Toy-Con Car and Pedal, and after downloading an update after launch, players will be able to race against their friends in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch***. Take a first look at gameplay in the Playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the Nintendo Labo: Vehicle Kit at gamescom 2018 video. It’s also possible for players to play using the Toy-Con Motorbike from the Nintendo Labo: Variety Kit.
Stay tuned to the Nintendo Labo website for more information about Nintendo Labo: Vehicle Kit.
To start making, playing and discovering right now, check out the Nintendo Labo: Variety Kit and Nintendo Labo: Robot Kit, which are available now. Plus, don’t forget the Nintendo Labo Creators Contest is accepting submissions from creative minds until 7th September, with a very special Nintendo Switch console available as a prize.