Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R was scheduled to come out this winter but Arc System Works has now had to apologise to fans on Twitter as the game has been delayed until sometime in 2019. The team told fans on Twitter “We’re sorry we were unable to release it in 2018, but please look forward to more information.” For those of you who are unaware of the game here is a quick overview:
First released in 2006 in arcades as Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R became a fan favorite after undergoing a tuneup to optimize each characters’ individual concept, making the “enjoyment of offense” a level deeper.
- Full 25 character cast! Accent Core Plus marked the return of fan favorites Kliff Undersn and Justice, rounding out the cast of 25 playable characters. And in the Plus R version (this one!), they, alongside everyone else, have been fine-tuned for more competitive play!
- Modes by the Bucketload! All-time series favorite modes are back: Survival, M.O.M., Mission, and Training Modes.
- Art! Unlock over 100 artist illustrations in Gallery mode.
- So Metal! The game features the Korean soundtrack, composed and contributed to the 2003 title Guilty Gear XX #Reload by renowned Korean rock artist Shin Hae Chul.
- Online Multiplayer! Go up against your friends (or enemies, or strangers) in Ranked or Player matches, using the magic of the internet. Ranked matches track your wins, while Player matches don’t — so just have fun!