The latest set of video games Digital Foundry have been assessing is the new batch of Resident Evil ports for the Nintendo Switch. The games covered are Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil Zero. You can watch their thoughts on all three of these ports, or alternatively, you can read a quickly summary by Reset Era member, chandoog:
Resident Evil 4:
– Docked: 900p. Portable 600p.
– No gyro controls
– Switch version employs mip-maps. (Not in any other version)
– Targets 60 FPS.
– Docked stays there pretty often but drops to low 50’s in battles/bosses.
– Portable still has some slowdowns but performance is better than Docked.
– John mentions he would have preferred a 30 FPS lock.
Resident Evil Remake:
– Loading times are much longer and you see black screen for 5, 10 seconds after the door animation finishes.
– Docked: 1080p. Portable: 720p (?)
– Some Bad frame pacing (Same as PS4) and occasionally some scenes drop a few frames.
Resident Evil Zero:
Loading times are longer than the door animations and unlike REmake, the animations pauses mid-way to let it finish.