Nintendo has revealed that the next Spirit Event for Super Smash Bros Ultimate is due to happen tomorrow 5th June. This event will celebrate the 24th anniversary of the Nintendo 64 launch in Japan, as the much loved system launched there back in June 1996, roughly a year before we received it here in Europe. Also as a tribute to the legendary console, players will get 6.4x experience if they win one of the matches. Siliconera has listed some of the spirits expected in the event, but we shall have to wait for the full list.
- Blargg from Yoshi’s Story
- Chunky Kong from Donkey Kong 64
- Deku Link from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
- Don Bongo from Yoshi’s Story
- Flare from Custom Robo
- Happy Mask Salesman from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
- Lanky Kong from Donkey Kong 64
- Malon from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Postman from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
- Saki Amamiya from Sin and Punishment
- Tiny Kong from Donkey Kong 64
You will be able to participate from 5th June – 7th June. A tweet hasn’t been published yet by either Nintendo of America or Nintendo Europe, so it is unclear if the event is only for gamers in Japan.