Bethesda has recently updated its free to play Nintendo Switch eShop title The Elder Scrolls: Blades to Version 1.7.1. The update contains a range of bug fixes and it also brings with it the addition of new motion controls for the game’s combat system. The Elder Scrolls: Blades is available right now on the Nintendo eShop and also on iOS and Android.
Added motion controls for combat on Nintendo Switch!
- Enable motion controls in the Settings Menu.
- Hold ZL or ZR to raise your weapon like usual, then flick the corresponding Joy-Con to attack.
- Keep ZL or ZR held to start a combo attack as soon as possible or release it to stop attacking.
- Fixed a bug causing poor performance on Android devices with the Exynos chipset.
- Fixed a bug on Nintendo Switch causing the player’s Gems to temporarily disappear.
- Fixed a bug on Nintendo Switch preventing banner decorations from swaying in the wind.
- Fixed a bug that disabled the button to reduce how many potions you want to brew at the Alchemy Laboratory.
- Fixed a bug preventing the exclamation point icon from appearing above Varro Matius while he has the Mining Misfortune quest to give.
- Revised how Arena trophy rewards are calculated.
- Fixed a wide variety of interface bugs, quest progression blockers, and crashes.