Nintendo Nintendo Switch

ARMS fighter for Smash Bros Ultimate to be revealed Monday 22nd June

Join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director Masahiro Sakurai on Monday, June 22, at 7 a.m. PT / 10 a.m. ET for a roughly 35-minute video livestream featuring an in-depth look at the upcoming DLC fighter from ARMS! Tune in here: https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/index.html

Source: Nintendo of America

30 comments

  1. Sweet! And just between me and any Smash bros. update : Every time there is one, I either have a day off on that day or I have just enough time to view the content before I go to work. I just find that very funny.

    1. 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝑶𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒓 says:

      Zug Zug.

  2. From the wording; it sounds to me like it’s just going to be 1 character that takes up 8 colour slots. Unless by “Fighter” they mean the basic moveset and what you do with them and not the actual character which I highly doubt.

      1. +felixgray
        “There will be no further new fighter reveals other than a fighter from ARMS in this livestream.”
        I don’t remember them saying “A Fighter” for Byleth.

      2. One character slot is one fighter in Smash terms, otherwise they would have their own number on the Smash website. That accounts for Bowser Jr. too.

      3. 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝑶𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒓 says:

        And the same for the Hero.

      4. I hope you guys are right, personally I hope it’s multiple characters in 1.

  3. Not hyped, but I’m glad people will get a new character they might been waiting for :D

    1. My theory is Waluigi. They’ll announce him as a DLC character for ARMS and then put him in smash too.

      Also his “ARMS” will actually be his pointy mustache.

  4. 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝑶𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒓 says:

    SPRING MAN SPRING INTO THE ACTION.

  5. i really hope it’s Spring Man. not that i have any great love for him, or much interest in ARMS at all for that matter, but pretty much everyone i *do* want is an assist right now, and if he can get the promotion then maybe they can too.

    if it isn’t him, then the only hope i have left for the rest of the pass is Porky :/

    1. This. Three of my most wanted characters are Waluigi, another Mega Man rep, and Krystal. The most likely Mega Man rep is Zero, and as much as I would like to see Slippy join the battle, I think Krystal would make more people happy.

      1. Krystal and Midna here, though Skull Kid or Ghirahim would still scratch that Zelda itch. Ridley, Krystal, and a new Zelda option have been the top three on my wishlist since Brawl. i’d love to see Genesect too, but i feel his ship has sailed and if Pokemon gets another one it’ll be from Galar

        Waluigi would be fun, but i’d be annoyed if he got in before the ones i really want

  6. General consensus is that it’s either Min Min or Twintelle. Both are extremely popular- the two most popular, if I’m not mistaken. I think it will be Min Min over Twintelle, not only because she won that Party Crash Bash from awhile back, but because Twintelle doesn’t actually fight with extendable ARMS (instead it’s her hair) thus not fully adhering to the core concept of the ARMS game. In addition, when you consider that the ARMS fighter’s abilities will likely factor in to their Smash movesets, Twintelle’s ability to slow down incoming attacks would function too similarly to Bayonetta’s Witch Time.

    I’m 96% sure it’s Min Min- the only thing making me doubt it is that she already has a spirit and spirit battle. The other 4% of me says it’s Helix just so Sakurai could screw with us with our speculations as most of us are assuming the obvious choices.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: