Patrick Casey and Josh Miller, who are two of the writers for the Sonic the Hedgehog movies, have spoken at an event about their plans for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 movie. It seems as though the third film will introduce more Sonic characters which haven’t appeared in the previous two films such as Amy Rose and that they are also looking to bring elements from the beloved Dreamcast game Sonic Adventure 2 and the poorly received Shadow the Hedgehog into the third movie. The duo said that the current plan is to release Sonic the Hedgehog 3 in 2024.
- When asked about Amy, and if she could appear in the sequel, the duo couldn’t answer it properly due to a non-disclosure agreement, but said that things are “in the works”.
- In regards to Jim Carrey possibly retiring from acting, the duo was hopeful to bring him back for the third film, but said that it was mainly up to Carrey.
- Miller was careful not to comment on specific plotlines for the third film, but concluded it was “not revealing”, given Shadow’s introduction to the movie franchise, that there are plans to incorporate elements from Sonic Adventure 2 and the Shadow the Hedgehog spin-off game in the film.
- Nothing can be said about Shadow’s voice actor, but the idea of aiming for a famous Hollywood actor to voice the hedgehog was not ruled off.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is currently on what is called the “Blue Sky phase” of scriptwriting, where every idea of what the movie could be is being proposed, and the staff streamlines it into what the movie should be.
- The producers are aware of the fans’ desire to get Crush 40 to appear in a Sonic film. Even though the movie planning is early, Casey did not rule off the idea of getting the band in the next film.
- Miller: “In each new Sonic movie, as long as the people got the appetite for them, we’ll keep adding yet another person from the game universe.”
- The current plan is to get the third movie released in 2024.
Thanks to Greatsong1 for sending in the news tip!
That’s what I’m talking about. Some of these developers in this movie need to talk some sense into video game developers about making sequels immediately after seeing positive sells results and stop waiting a decade then decide they want to make another sequel.
You know it’s easier to make a movie than it is to make a game, right?
You need to shut up- even I don’t harp on F-Zero not getting a sequel nearly as much as you do about sequels in general.
Aren’t you tired of this retarded schtick yet? You’ve been doing it WAY too long now. I think close to 2 years now.
I’m all for more characters, as long as their inclusion makes sense. Now that Shadow is in the mix, they have a lot to explain about him, including how he’s a hedgehog like Sonic yet has been around for 50 years prior to the latter’s arrival on Earth.
I’m willing to bet that Rouge will be introduced at some point through Knuckles’s spinoff show, thus giving her a gateway into the next movie. I’d love to see Blaze and Silver appear as well… as long as Tom Holland isn’t Silver’s voice, which unfortunately I could see happening.
Their shared universe potential is really Chaotix.
Tom Holland as Silver and Dewayne Johnson as E-123 Omega Sign me up
Tom Holland as Silver the Hedgehog and Dewayne Johnson as E-123 Omega Sign me up
Pingback: Sonic Movie 3 will release on December 20th, 2024 - LunaticTech
Pingback: Sonic Film 3 will launch on December twentieth, 2024 | Chin Entertainment
Pingback: SEGA looking for a Sonic the Hedgehog Lore Master - SMM News