Fansite Zelda Informer claims to have insider knowledge regarding the next instalment of the highly awaited Zelda game for the Nintendo Wii ahead of its expected reveal tomorrow at Nintendo’s E3 press conference.
- Zelda Wii’s official title is “The Legend of Zelda” without a subtitle.
- The game’s setting is said to take place several hundred years before the events of Ocarina of Time, revealing how the Master sword came to be.
- The girl in the Zelda artwork previewed at last year’s E3 is called “Zordiana”, and as expected she plays an important role.
- Seamless dungeons – smooth graduation. There will be dungeons with no bosses, and bosses with no dungeons. The first “dungeon”, an ice level, is said to be playable at E3.
- The hookshot is also used, but unlike past zeldas it won’t pull a player immediately towards a selected target. Players can swimg with the hookshot (like the grappling hook from Wind Waker).
- The control for bow and arrow is said to be similar to the one used in Wii Sports Resort.
- There are two levels of difficulty put in by Aonuma. Miyamoto didn’t want this option included, however there will be a normal mode for regular players, and a “Hero” mode with harder enemies and no “Super Guide” feature.
- Sometimes you have to “draw” a specific symbol on a door with your sword, to open it.
Edit: Fake, here’s the real deal – Zelda: Skyward Sword