Momentum for the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system continues to build. Tonight, during a special Nintendo All-Access 3DS Software Showcase @ E3 2012 event at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Nintendo shared new information about upcoming Nintendo 3DS games that will launch in 2012, as well as downloadable content in the Nintendo eShop.
Game information revealed at the event includes:
- New Super Mario Bros. 2: This new side-scrolling installment in the fan-favorite Super Mario Bros. franchise launches Aug. 19 as the Mushroom Kingdom bursts with more coins and gold than ever before. Players can transform into Gold Mario and Raccoon Mario, and challenge friends to beat their high scores in the new Coin Rush mode. Also, for the first time in a hand-held Mario title, players can enjoy a cooperative two-player mode for the entire game via a local wireless connection.
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (KONAMI): The classic action adventure franchise arrives on Nintendo 3DS this fall. Combining 3D graphics with timeless 2D game play, the game marks the return of fan-favorite character Alucard, the son of Dracula himself.
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon: This action-filled game starring Luigi launches for Nintendo 3DS this holiday season. Players can expect more haunted mansions to explore and new ways for Luigi to take on a wild assortment of ghosts in this new adventure. In addition to using the strobe function of his flashlight to stun ghosts, Luigi must solve puzzles and reveal hidden details in the environment to unlock new areas in the mansions.
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (Disney Interactive): This new game combines classic Disney characters with rich, imaginative environments that players can experience in 3D for the first time. The game itself is inspired by the classic Castle of Illusion game and features new ways for Mickey Mouse to interact with the game world using paint and paint thinner.
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star: Launching this holiday season, this classic action role-playing franchise gets a fresh 3D look in its hand-held debut as Mario uses stickers found in the game to win battles and solve puzzles.
- Scribblenauts Unlimited (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment): In this new game, players help Maxwell, the game’s hero, explore an unbound world and solve robust puzzles and challenges. The game continues the series’ tradition of allowing players to create nearly any object they can think of.
- Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] (Square Enix, Inc.): Celebrating the franchise’s 10th anniversary, the latest title from Disney Interactive and Square Enix launches July 31 with StreetPass features, AR Card compatibility and support for the Circle Pad Pro accessory. A demo version is coming soon to the Nintendo eShop.
- Additional third-party games on the way for Nintendo 3DS this year include Transformers Prime from Activision, Rabbids Rumble from Ubisoft, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Heroes of Ruin from Square Enix, Inc.
To get fans excited for these games, Nintendo announced the immediate availability of new content in the Nintendo eShop, including trailers for Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon and Paper Mario: Sticker Star, plus a playable demo version of LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Nintendo 3DS owners with broadband Internet access can visit the Nintendo eShop anytime to find games, demos, trailers and other content available for download.
Nintendo also launched an introductory episode of Threediots, its first original short-form comedy series, produced by Consolidated Baily, exclusively on its Nintendo Video service, which delivers free handpicked comedy, animation, Hollywood, gaming and music videos to Nintendo 3DS owners. More than 70 percent of Nintendo 3DS systems in the United States have connected to the Internet, and applications such as Swapnote and Nintendo Video have been downloaded more than 1 million times each domestically.
How are we supposed to be excited over this?
i dunno know
No idea. Most of them are titles that we already knew about. No wonderful surprises other than Castlevania. I feel very shalow about alll E3-Nintendo this year. I wanted Nintendo to make the Big Bang with new exciting titles both for Wii U and 3DS but unfortunately the only exciting new title that really got me interested is Project P-100. Other than that I am just pleased (in a shallow way) of what is coming to both consoles.
I’ll buy Castlevania with no doubts, I love the series. New Super Mario Bros 2 will be interesting too and I’ll play it with my girlfriend…
And that’s all………………………………………..
MAYBE just maybe if my money it’s enough Luigi’s Mansion and Paper Mario.
Yeah E3 was shallow this year =(
I just REALLLYYYY want to see 1 or 2 more first party games from Nintendo for the Wii U. Mostly Star Fox and Metroid…either way im still getting Wii U most likely on launch day :)
I had hopes that Nintendo would make up for their terrible and disappointing conference before with the 3DS presentation. But yet again, I was disappointed.
•That New Super Mario Bros. seems to me like they simply ran out of ideas, so they just added 5000% more coins. Nothing more.
•About Paper Mario… Well, they basically showed what they had shown the day before, so… Same goes for Luigi’s Mansion.
•The third party games seem pretty boring to me, the Square Enix one is maybe kinda interesting but yea, that’s it.
•I’m really excited for Kingdom Hearts 3D but they didn’t show much new things.
•About the other things… Well, it seems like the infos on them were already known/unintersting enough that it didn’t catch my attention.
And no Animal Crossing ? Really ? They showed the first trailers one or two years ago… And by not showing anything about it at this year’s E3 gives me the feeling that they’re still nowhere near done.
I don’t know… Those are my thoughts. I was truly expecting a lot more from Nintendo.
No Majora’s Mask announcement as I knew there wouldn’t be but Nintendo would be fools to not announce it at some point as OoT and M’sM complemented each other so well on the N64 and should be together on the 3DS.
Other zelda news, still disappointed they haven’t said anything about releasing Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Season on Nintendo eShop, I have never played those game as was “too young” according my parents when I was kid to play them and getting hold of them today is so expensive to buy online from the likes of ebay and amazon. An eShop re-release would be great, I could buy both and get to play 2 zelda games I have yet to experience from forgotten years.
Makes you wonder if they’re moving Animal Crossing to Wii U.
Noooooo D :
Lack of third part annoucments. No monster hunter, mask of miracles, layton vs ace.
I was hoping for something. There the games im waiting for. Heroes of Ruin we knew about and is about to get released, im keen for that. But I was hoping for new stuff.
This account dammit -_-
We knew most of the info given.
No animal crossing….BOOOO!
I’m actually really excited for the new castlevania after watching the conference because it appears to have everything I love about the 2d games whilst introducing new features that don’t appear too gimmky to breathe new life into the formula.
Day 1 buy definitely :)
Christ, E3 was shit this year …. again!
That was a pointless showcase. Here in Britain i stayed to till 3am to watch this, not worth it… i won’t make the same mistake again.
Its been said before and i shall continue to say it too… NO ANIMAL CROSSING!?! INSANITY! The game was announced 2 years ago and we got absolutely nothing, i was so gutted about that, what are Nintendo thinking? This year’s games look alright, but its ALL stuff we’ve seen or heard about last year or a few days prior to E3 so what happened to all the other important stuff that should have been there like Animal Crossing, a PROPER new F-Zero game and some new IPs. I hate to rant on at Nintendo, but all the stuff that they got right, they really missed the mark in a lot of ways this year.
Im disappointed with paper Mario
WE NEED ANIMAL CROSSING! I have waited months and months and MONTHS for E3! Just. For. Animal. Crossing. And. Pikmin. 3. At least yesterday had Pikmin 3.
Now this conference, I am seriously disappointed. Don’t get us hyped for games you have already announced and showed a bit of footage for. I don’t understand, Why have an independent showcase only to show the same fuckin games AGAIN. Kingdom Hearts especially, we saw tons and tons of trailers and gameplay for a whole damn year and they bring that shit up again. Luigi’s mansion we’ve already seen a whole year ago and paper mario. The only new shit is NSMB 2 and Castlevania. Epic Mickey looked like a piece of shit shovelware garbage. I mean I love Nintendo and I will get these games (except epic mickey) and the WiiU at launch but this E3 has been a disappointment (By the way I’m changing my name to NintendoCryBaby :D)
That’s a pretty solid line up of games coming to the 3DS. Should keep people busy for months to come. Leave luck to heaven.
F*** you nintendo. I love Animal Crossing. I bought a 3ds. Why? Because you announced Animal Crossing. I will sell it if the game doesn’t exist.
damn… now im really dissapointed about nintendo… this is it…
Hands up everyone who wants Pokémon Snap 2 over Nintendoland!
WTF?! What about their strong titles that already launched in Japan, such as MH3G and Fire Emblem? Those are real sellers…
I wanna see the luigis mansion trailer on uk 3ds eshop but it’s not thereeee!
umm ok why did they not say animal crossing up there they said the would have a date for that they said that animal crossing was going to be on there but its not why did they not have a date for that Nintendo said they would anons it up there
Pingback: Nintendo Reveals New Nintendo 3DS Game Details at E3 Expo
Not a single peep in regards to Animal Crossing? You have got to be shitting me. E3 was horrible this year as a whole, I guess it’s not the worst one though… maybe not by much however.