An interesting and dubious rumour has emerged regarding the next instalment of the popular Call of Duty franchise. The game is apparently under development by Sledgehammer and is codenamed Blacksmith. The game is said to go back to its World War 1 roots and is in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC only. The publication says the game is expected to arrive on November 14th. The details are below.
- The official name of the game is Call of Duty: Patriots.
- The project name is ‘BlackSmith’ – Smith Black being ONE of the main characters in the game.
- The game is being developed by Sledgehammer – Who intend to do a 3-part series.
- The setting is going back to the roots of CoD and will be set in a fictional version of The Great War (World War I).
- There will be more of a ‘Fantasy’ element to the game – One example we have been given is the fact that one of the main characters is from a previous CoD game, but in an alternate reality.
- There will be a multiplayer mode in the game as well as a single player mode. The single player mode can be done via Co-Op. However, this can only be done online. There is no Split Screen.
- The main campaign is expected to last just 6 hours. However, there will be TWO Sub-Campaigns. We aren’t sure what exactly this means.
- The game will only be developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One – There is no chance of a WiiU or last-gen version.
- The release data is currently scheduled for November 14th 2014.
Thanks to those who sent this in.