Japanese gaming publication Famitsu has reached out to Nintendo to gather some more information about the newly revealed Nintendo Switch. Thankfully NeoGAF member Jim_Cacher has translated and summarised the article and you can read the points below.
- NS is not the successor of Wii U
- NS is not backward compatible with Wii U and 3DS
- NS will be packaged with Joy-Con(L) and Joy-Con(R)
- The packaging of other accessories will be announced separately for different regions before launch
- Cartridge is called “Game Card” internally
- Specifications of cartridge will be announced before launch
- Battery life will be announced later. The development team aims at allowing players to play NS conveniently at places without electricity connection.
- At this moment, no information on compatibility of smartphone apps can be provided