Today, Nintendo has released its 2nd quarter financial results and they aren’t exactly pretty reading as you can see in the bullet points below. However, there were a couple of pieces of good news. Its sale of the Seattle Mariners helped to boost its income for the quarter and also Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and Kirby Planet Robot both sold over a million copies each.
- Operating profit/loss: 5.947bn yen ($57.1m)
- Net profit/loss (including currency fluctuations): 38.299bn profit ($367.7m)
- Hardware sales: 2.71m 3DS systems in the quarter, 560,000 Wii U so far this fiscal year
- Software sales: 19.23m 3DS, 8.3m Wii U
- Related entity revenue (mostly Pokémon Go revenue): 12bn yen ($115m)
- Download sales (year to date): 14.7bn yen ($141m)
- Extraordinary income from sale of 45% of the Seattle Mariners: 62.7bn yen ($602m)