Japanese journalist Nishikawa Zenj has produced a report on 4Gamer about the upcoming Nintendo Switch and its likely specifications. Zenji reports that the Nintendo Switch will likely use the Nvidia Pascal ‘Parker’ architecture for the system GPU. He also claims that the special Tegra chip could allow Nintendo to enhance the system much like Sony has done with the PlayStation 4 Pro. Zenji is the same reporter responsible for predicting that Sony would released an technically enhanced version of the PlayStation 4 which we now know as the PlayStation 4 Pro.
- Switch will likely use the NVIDIA Pascal ‘Parker’ architecture for its GPU
- the Tegra chip inside the platform could help the Switch evolve just like the PS4 and the PS4 Pro
- There are no indications that Nintendo will opt for the ‘Maxwell’ architecture within the Switch
- The custom NVIDIA chip will feature a floating-point performance around 1 TFLOPS
- There is almost “no possibility” that the Switch will perform above 1.5 TFLOPS due to the battery drive inside the Switch
Thanks to N-Dub Nation for the news tip!