This week’s Japanese software and hardware charts are now in courtesy of the team over at Media Create. It has been another busy week in Japan as this week saw the release of the long-awaited Monster Hunter XX on the Nintendo 3DS. Even this release wasn’t enough to dethrone the Nintendo Switch which remained firmly in the number one spot.
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter XX (Capcom, 03/16/17) – 848,467 (New)
- [PS4] Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (Limited Edition Included) (Marvelous, 03/15/17) – 53,747 (New)
- [PSV] Accel World VS. Sword Art Online (Bandai Namco, 03/15/17) – 38,653 (New)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 32,115 (262,977)
- [PS4] Accel World VS. Sword Art Online (Bandai Namco, 03/15/17) – 32,016 (New)
- [PS4] Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Ubisoft, 03/09/17) – 26,628 (116,419)
- [PS4] Horizon: Zero Dawn (SIE, 03/02/17) – 18,096 (169,385)
- [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix (Square Enix, 03/09/17) – 16,161 (78,931)
- [NSW] 1-2-Switch (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 15,456 (115,737)
- [PS4] NieR: Automata (Square Enix, 02/23/17) – 12,242 (269,310)
- [Wii U] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 11,308 (73,392)
- [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 10,128 (3,211,045)
- [PS4] YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (Limited Edition Included) (5pb., 03/15/17) – 9,629 (New)
- [3DS] Future Card Buddy Fight: Mezase! Buddy Champion! (FuRyu, 03/15/17) – 9,349 (New)
- [PSV] YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (Limited Edition Included) (5pb., 03/15/17) – 8,858 (New)
- [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Low Price Version) (Take-Two, 10/08/15) – 6,012 (303,506)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional (Square Enix, 02/09/17) – 5,751 (178,604)
- [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 12/01/16) – 5,646 (995,522)
- [NSW] Super Bomberman R (Konami, 03/03/17) – 5,583 (50,756)
- [PS4] Super Robot Wars V (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 02/23/17) – 4,680 (126,486)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- Switch – 49,913 (61,998)
- New 3DS LL – 33,352 (18,360)
- PlayStation 4 – 28,805 (28,902)
- PlayStation Vita – 8,004 (8,398)
- 2DS – 6,131 (4,094)
- PlayStation 4 Pro – 5,823 (6,398)
- New 3DS – 2,796 (1,227)
- PlayStation 3 – 2,212 (639)
- Wii U – 368 (430)
- Xbox One – 135 (117)
Nice. .hope the switch can keep and maintain the lead for the next 3 years.
3 years? hahahahah Maybe for the next 3 hours it will keep going
You do realise that it’s a Console/Handheld HYBRID. Japan are in love with Portable devices, more than Home Consoles. If Pokemon and Monster Hunter come on the Switch, then huge for the Switch in Japan.
Man you’re a terrible troll.
We need to see if those sales are because there is no enough stock or simply the sales came down.
They just came down, you cannot sustain launch numbers. It will come down more than that too. I’m sure it will stabilize around 20-30k. Holiday sales usually is what makes or breaks a consoles year, so those are the most important numbers.
Though they need to overshadow the PlayStation 4, so they can effectively attract third parties. The Nintendo Switch must be the leader platform, it need this.
PS3 still going strong. That is incredible.
Infruriates me how Japan do not embrace Zelda more
Stop dreaming People The PS3 will outsell the switch soon enough because is a dead console without any games also this e3 is gonna be the worst Nintendo E3 of all time
New Console and E3 is coming with no plans with new games for it just same wii u games all over again
And a zelda that have frame drops like almost all the times but well is not gonna be like the worst console off all time like wii u that is a good thing
your fun at parties aren’t you love?
Sounds like someone woke up with sand in their vajayjay….
But the PS3 is at 85million units sold. the Switch has yet to outsell a 10 year old console. And with less tham a month in the market, I dont see how it would outsell it.
Even after death the Wii U outsells the Xbox one 😯
Japan hates Microsoft almost as much as America loves Microsoft.
||And we’ll make sure they become extinct as well…||
do you make any sense?
||I always make sense, only primitive lifeforms like you can’t understand anything beyond your narrow understanding…||
In Japan only. Sales are completely lopsided everywhere else.
Yeah just in Japan but I’ve always found it kinda funny that despite the sales that Microsoft still tries to sell Xbox in Japan so it’s a little more funny to see a retired Wii U still selling more than it.
it does seem silly. But even 100 consoles a week end up adding up within a year, and completely giving up a market to the competitor is pretty much admitting defeat. Neither of these giants would ever dare to do it.
I mean, in a year, with a steady 120 consoles a week, the XBO is doing close to 6K. I know 6k is half of what a PS4 does in a week, but it still something, and that ultimately adds to the overall count.
But yeah, seeing a “failed” console beat out the XBO is indeed chuckle worthy.
Failed is such a harsh word ;)
Thats why I used quotes lol. Because even though it only sold 13 million units, Nintendo made profit on most if not ALL 13 million units. Cant exactly call that failing. Specially compared to hemorrhage that the 360 was to MS, and its still called a success because of its 80+ million units sold.
Ah… Morning trolls and a cup of Joe… (Takes sip*)
Now when will MHXX make it’s way to the US.
Wow, Dragon Quest Heroes really bombed. I have never seen such a disastrous release.
Not bad. In two weeks we’ll probably have a typical weekly sales figure.
I know Japan has weird tastes but 1, 2 Switch is in the top 10!? Must be nice to live in a country where every family member & friend is only an hour away using their fast as hell subway system.