SEGA has unleashed a brand new trailer for their upcoming 3D and 2D platformer, Sonic Forces. The company also had some exciting news to impart and that is you can now create your own character and play with them through the many sprawling levels on offer. Players can choose designs based on seven different animals: Wolf, rabbit, cat, dog, bear, bird, and hedgehog. Sonic Forces is coming to the Nintendo Switch this Christmas.
- Bear — Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Bird — Flies high with double jump abilities
- Cat — Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog — Restarts with five rings after the player dies
- Hedgehog — Collects rings when getting damaged
- Rabbit — Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
- Wolf — Automatically draws in rings when near them
Beyond choosing one of these seven types, players can customize the look of their character, including outfitting them with hundreds of accessories and costuming options unlocked while playing through the game. Each customized Hero will have a grappling hook as a means of platforming, and the characters can be customized further via Wispons, which are a new take on the Color Powers from Sonic Colors. The Wispons are unique gadgets that can be used both as weapons and for traversing through levels.
Thanks to megamandied for the tip!