It is Wednesday which means it is time to see how the various software and hardware performed in Japan. The Nintendo Switch is clearly still suffering from supply constraints but it still managed to top the hardware charts yet again this week putting it comfortably above the PlayStation 4. With regards to software Ultra Street Fighter II managed to enter the charts at number three, which will no doubt please Capcom. Here’s the best-selling software and hardware in Japan:
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom, 05/25/17) – 27,741 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 26,993 (467,689)
- [NSW] Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Capcom, 05/27/17) – 16,404 (New)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter XX (Capcom, 03/16/17) – 11,155 (1,490,343)
- [PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 (Arc System Works, 05/25/17) – 10,609 (New)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 10,390 (476,021)
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X (Bandai Namco, 04/27/17) – 6,515 (152,923)
- [PS4] NieR: Automata (Square Enix, 02/23/17) – 4,260 (334,553)
- [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 3,317 (3,266,197)
- [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 04/20/17) – 3,103 (182,371)
- [3DS] Pro Yakyuu Famista Climax (Bandai Namco, 04/20/17) – 3,033 (79,469)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 2,991 (181,843)
- [3DS] Mario Sports Superstars (Nintendo, 03/30/17) – 2,909 (97,738)
- [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 12/01/16) – 2,868 (1,044,105)
- [PSV] Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power-Up Kit (Koei Tecmo, 05/25/17) – 2,831 (New)
- [NSW] 1-2-Switch (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 2,825 (214,618)
- [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Low Price Version) (Take-Two, 10/08/15) – 2,785 (339,729)
- [Wii U] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 2,776 (125,769)
- [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 2,515 (2,776,275)
- [PS4] Rainbow Six Siege (Ubisoft, 12/10/15) – 2,485 (196,956)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- Switch – 27,146 (26,114)
- New 3DS LL – 14,610 (13,922)
- PlayStation 4 – 13,972 (12,235)
- PlayStation 4 Pro – 5,030 (4,989)
- PlayStation Vita – 4,092 (4,088)
- 2DS – 2,667 (2,732)
- New 3DS – 1,018 (1,406)
- PlayStation 3 – 258 (327)
- Wii U – 177 (184)
- Xbox One – 121 (103)
Nop it is fake this is high lvl CGI graphics
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
someone must be butthurt at the fact that something you hate is doing well.
He doesn’t hate Nintendo. He just does this to annoy people. He even admitted it. Just ignore him.
Pingback: Nintendo Switch ancora la console più venduta in Giappone - Videogiochi.com
I wonder what the US sales look like. And why don’t they ever release US numbers like Japan does?
I assume that NPD is one of the few sources to review sales on a monthly basis.
Good to see USF2 off to a decent start. Hopefully it will convince Capcom to give us more of their fighting games. Give us a CVS2 HD remaster or even just a port with online battles and I will be forever grateful.
I love the way MarioKart 7 is back in the charts! lol :D
Ouch, only 16k for Street Fighter week one. We’re looking at maybe 75k lifetime… pretty harsh.
I believe Nintendo is holding some Switch units to try to meet demand when Splatoon 2 come out.
Even the dead WiiU still outsells the Xbox One in Japan…. Shame on the Xbots… If only they knew what shame meant
I’ve been wondering for a while now why Microsoft continues to pursue the japanese market. It seems like there’s nothing to be gained.
Nice. My best guess is that the Switch has sold 4 – 4.5 mil by now. Should be near 5, if not over, by the end of their 1st quarter.
I don’t suppose you know how many the Wii U sold in the same amount of time by chance for comparison?
It took the Wii U about a full year to sell 4 million units.
So what you’re saying is the Switch is killing the Wii U.
Lol it certainly seems that way.