The latest edition of Japanese publication Weekly Famitsu contains a few snippets of information about the upcoming Valkyria Chronicles 4 which is coming to the Nintendo Switch. The magazine reveals that there’s four new characters in the game and also talks about the levelling system for the various classes. Here’s all the information below.
The new characters include:
- Angelica Farnaby (voiced by Ayane Sakura) – A civilian girl who lost her memories. She is cheerful, selfless, and kind, and gains sudden popularity among the soldiers. There is also a scene where she confronts the “Witch of the Snowstorm.”
- Karen Stewart (voiced by Yuka Saitou) – A gentle medic. Since she was raised in an all-male household, she is skilled in the treatment of men.
- Ragnarok – The medical dog.
- Minerva Victor (voiced by Saori Hayami) – The commanding officer of Squad F. She values the spirit of chivalry, and is both sociable and calm with her squad mates.
- There are levels for classes, not individual soldiers. Classes can be leveled up by allotting the experience points obtained in training camp. When a class reaches a certain level, it will be able to advance to a higher class.
- The “Joint Operation with Squad 7” downloadable content included with the PlayStation 4 version limited edition in Japan sees players take on a mission together with Valkyria Chronicles 1 protagonist Welkin Gunther and Squad 7 of the Gallian Militia.