The team at Digital Foundry have had a new project on their hands and that’s Dragon Quest Builders for the Nintendo Switch. The team have compared it to the PlayStation 4 version which launched a while back on the platform. Here’s a summary of they findings courtesy of Reset Era member Cronogear:
- Switch is 720p on both portable and docked, PS4 1080p, PS4 Pro doesn’t seem to be supported (resolution/performance mostly identical to PS4)
- Docked Switch and PS4 are 60fps, portable Switch seems to be unlocked, but mostly 30fps
- Shadow quality slightly reduced on Switch. Otherwise visuals seem to be identical, outside of resolution.
- Minor performance drops on both Switch and PS4
- Camera panning doesn’t seem to be as smooth as it should (affects both systems)